Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Alien Abduction Tuning

I'm just getting started with tuning mods and for the most part I've familiarized myself with the game's xml format. I figured starting with changing alien abduction rates was a good place to start since it would be cool to know what influences abductions and change the rates so I can finally have an alien pregnancy. However, there are some things I don't understand.

1. The commodity value of AlienAbduction_Tracker calls on certain buffs, which in turn call on their respective mixer interactions to control the likelihood of alien abduction. However, each of these buffs has a weight of 25 in respect to their interaction items. I'm very confused as to what this weight means, since there are no other possible interactions in the interaction_items list. Is this a 25/100 chance for the mixer interaction to be called? Because rates of abduction are already crazy low even without that additional 1/4 rate.

2. Each alienabduction mixer has a sub_action enumeration, which doesn't contain any items, just a base_weight of 2 (or 5 in the case of the second highest alienabduction mixer). Does this serve any purpose, or is it just leftovers from the devs?

3. The same mixers also change which sims can be abducted under test_globals, with the second highest one not allowing teens, but all the other ones allowing teens-elders. Is this an oversight or am I missing something here?

4. I feel like I already know the answer to this one, but in each of the mixers there are multipliers that change the chance for abduction based on if you have certain collectibles or if your sim is a scientist. For example, the weight in the second lowest mixer is initially 2. If your sim has a space rock in their inventory and is a scientist, this weight goes up to 3.75. What I'm curious about is the weight of 98 that nothing happens. Since there are no multipliers on this level, doesn't this number stay the same? For example, w/o multipliers there's a 2/100 chance of abduction, but after there's a 3.75/101.75 chance, and not a 3.75/100 chance.

5. What is lock out time? The guides provided offered a description that didn't make much sense to me.

If anyone needs more clarification for my questions just leave a comment, and thanks to anyone who can help!
No RepliesBe the first to reply