Forum Discussion

sumirsim
Newcomer
18 days ago

Can’t Save the Game

After some gameplay I wanted to save but the menu would not open for some reason. Then I tried to open other menus but nothing opened. Like I cannot open my sim’s inventory or their career panel. It just happened now again it is really stresfull because I cannot save my game. When I try to go to the Map it bugs out and goes into a black screen with the UI showing on the screen. I have to fully close my laptop and reopen everything. Last time it saved but today it did not so I had to play the same parts again!! Now it happened again. What kind of a bug is this? 
this happened after I wished for a child from the well and I cheated the kids responsibility and stuff. I wonder if its wishing for a kid that messed up it up or the cheating? 
I even moved these sims into a new save still the same thing happened but when I play with another household I do not have the same issue. 
How can I save this family?? 

• sumirsim  If you use any mods or custom content at all, please test without them:  Move the Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package.  You don't need to save your progress.

If this doesn't help, or you don't use mods, please move your sims to a different lot, something already in the game and made by EA (no Gallery lots or any from your own library).  You don't need to save here either; this is just for testing purposes.