Forum Discussion

julesxxrose
Seasoned Newcomer
5 days ago

Game not working with mods

My game was opening and running fine until I got a last exception from MCCC and it would not allow me to use cheats and said that there was broken cc or mods. This made me go in and ensure all my mods were updated. When I tried opening my game again it would not open it keeps getting stuck on "Not Responding" and wouldn't even bring me to a loading screen, I was just stuck on my desktop. I generated a new mods folder and have been adding them back slowly to test them. My game will open without mods and it will open with some but then at a certain point it starts to do this again. One would assume it is a mod in the group I added but even when I remove those my game refuses to open, crashes, or takes 10 minutes to open while constantly saying its not responding then it is then its not. I started by adding script mods only first and it works with ALL my script mods so I removed them to focus on my CC. I have been trying to fix this for a week now I have removed my sims 4 folder and generated a new one, deleted localthumbnail and all those little files you can delete when you add new mods/cc, and deleted SEVERAL mods/cc yet this still continues to happen. As I said my game will open with certain mods then I add some and it starts doing all of this again and despite removing what appeared to be the problem it STILL does this until I make a new folder and start testing every mod all over again. And it's ALWAYS with a different group of mods never the same ones that it stops working. I just finished creating several sims for a new save file I was starting and now I can't play at all because I made my sims and home entirely out of CC and I don't want to restart I JUST deleted all my mods and saves 3 months ago and started fresh I will be so devastated if I have to do it again I just want to play the game. I have storage my mac is up to date and the all my mods are updated so I am really at a loss and desperate for help😭

No RepliesBe the first to reply