Forum Discussion

julesxxrose
Seasoned Newcomer
4 hours ago

Game not working with mods!!!!!!!

i have made 2 different post already and no one has responded but i am so desperate for help right now. i play on a macbook and for the last few weeks i have been trying to fix my game to no avail and yet nothing i do is working. i was having NO issues beyond the apply to uni option not being available and not being able to cheat to enroll any sim no matter what and getting a last exception from mccc as a result. when i went to fix that, updating all my mods, now my game will barely open. the game opens without issue with several script mods including **bleep** for reference, i have big script mods and my game opens PERFECTLY with all of them. the uni options and cheats are still not working with JUST my script mods and i have posted my last exception into deaderpools discord but got no answers that would help with that specifically. i just started a uni save file before this so i kind of NEED the uni stuff to work so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix that pls send help all i am trying to do is cheat to enroll them instantly so i can play but i cant even do the slow option if they cannot apply. other then that my game works with script mods BUT the second i add in cas cc or buildbuy cc my game will not open properly. it most commonly will be stuck on my desktop and say "not responding" and then stay like and the game will not open or do anything it wont even crash. sometimes it will crash, or say a game file is missing/corrupted or if im lucky it opens after like taking FOREVER and lags horribly. i have removed my mods folder and added them in groups to see if its a specific mod but it does this no matter what i add. sometimes it works with one group but not the next and when i try to double check it is still working with mods i already tested it suddenly wont work again. but no matter what it works with script mods this only happens when i add cas stuff i can add 4 small files with just clothes and it does this. never the same mods. i am at a LOSS and im reaching my breaking point i may literally never play again. i have never had an issue like this my game was FINE with more mods then i have now this all started when i updated and cleaned my folder i don't get it bc it highkey worked better when i had broken mods pls help😭

• University cheats are very broken in the game. I don't recommend using them. If you used them, consider loading a pre-cheat version of your save.

CC not letting the game open properly is often a folder/file-type issue, if not even one single newly downloaded item works when nothing else is put in Mods. First check your antivirus to exempt Sims 4. If that doesn't elp, there's techinical support at AHQ in the Mac section.