Forum Discussion

4 hours ago

Menu Screen Is Completely Broken On Launch

I recently took a break from The Sims and decided to go on a CC haul. Upon booting my game and getting to the menu screen, everything is COMPLETELY broken. When I say broken, I mean the screen is super glitched out, and I can't click on anything, or exit the game. I literally have to use task manager to close the game out.

Since I've had a similar problem with More Columns and The Color Sliders before, I figured it was possible those mods were causing it, or that one or multiple of the mods I had just acquired were breaking my game.

I deleted the More Columns and Color Sliders mods and used the Mod Conflict Detector to fix any dupes/conflicting mods; which did nothing. So I updated all my mods that I knew needed updating (only CC since I don't use/have script mods), and still nothing. I then decided to try removing all the mods I'd just gotten since I figured it could have been one of them that was causing it. And STILL....NOTHING!

So then I went and removed ALL OF MY MODS and IT WAS STILL BROKEN. I also tried repairing the game and verifying the files, which still did absolutely nothing.

I am beyond frustrated that with every update the game just breaks more and more. I just wanna have a good time and play the game.

No RepliesBe the first to reply