Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Game won't load with mods

I've had this happen two or three times so far. I'll have one or two mods, recommended mods too, on my Sims 4 game but when I go to play my game it won't load until I remove the mods. I wish I knew what what was causing it so that I could fix it myself without having to get rid of my mods but. I only get to play Sims on my days off, I was wondering if that might be the cause of it but I really don't think so. If any of you know anything I can do so that I can have mods still play my games I would be most grateful for your input. Thank you very much.
  • Are the mods all completely up to date? Have you tried installing one mod at a time... or just a few at a time... until you locate the problematic one? Does it only happen when they are all in the game at the same time? This could be a sign of incompatibility between two mods.

Also, try resetting your user files: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-won-t-launch-after-installing-mods/m-p/5305667#M68563
  • Is your Mods and CC separate? That should be the first thing you do.

Then, you should test them separate.

Then you should do the 50/50 method from there to narrow down the problematic Mod or CC.

**Make sure to always delete .localthumbnailcache found inside The Sims 4 folder after removing or adding any Mods** (Its not necessary to delete when only removing or adding CC)