Forum Discussion

SimmieVee
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Lovestruck update broken?

Since i updated and downloaded the new DLC my game been stuck in the loading screen, i literally have to power off my mac, when it finally loads in, later my sims freezes cant do anything and i have to hurry and save the game.. somehow it seems to work usually if you have the mod Mccc you can just modify in cas and the sims will unfreeze when you get back into the game but now it seems like anything you do gotta do with them loading somewhere it gets stuck. 

• The same thing's happening to me too. Whenever I try to load a save, it gets stuck on the loading screen. If I manage to get it going by recovering older saves, my sim freezes all the time. I can barely save because I can't even make process. To close the game, I have to turn off my laptop. I can't just close it with Task Manager. I updated my game to the latest patch, I have everything, I always check for updates. I updated all my mods, I removed the TS4 folder from documents, it works without mods, but when I get my saves and mods back, it does the same. I don't know why, because as I said, everything I have is up to date. 

• OMG ME TOO except my problem is that it opens and I can play for a little bit before it crashes (I had to go through a lot before I could get windowed mode because when it would freeze I wouldn't be able to open any windows in front of sims to close it and I would restart my laptop multiple times a day) but my biggest problem is CAS. It won't open cas no matter if I make a new game, or I open cas from an existing game when it gets to cas, it freezes. I already looked at the mods list, and updated plus took some put but it won't work. I kept my laptop on for 10 hours as I slept and CAS never loaded. When I turned the mods and cc off, it finally loaded. Before lovestruck this never happened.

japanegro80
    Rising Newcomer

I am also in the "this happened to me too" boat. I noticed when I removed the mods, everything loads as it should on saves within the Lovestruck realm and outside of the Lovestruck realm (the other cities). Then, I checked my mods, and they're up to date as well. Hence, I believe it was the July update that caused the incompatibility with the mods. I will wait for this to be fixed and play a vanilla version of the game (For Rent is kicking my butt) and InZoi in the meantime.

luthienrising
      Hero+

Not all broken mods have available updates. Some are just broken. A game update won't fix that; it's mod creators' responsibility to update their mods, but some stop modding or are still working on it. Start at Broken/Updated Mods & CC . For how to narrow down what broke, see  50-50.