Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Mod Conflict Detector

Does the Mod Conflict Detector still work until this day because when i try to open Mod Conflict Detector it doesn't open up but i dont think ive updated it to the latest update can some please help or is their another mod like it
  • "jenegee;c-16710836" wrote:
    I am having trouble with the mod conflict detector, it gets stuck loading infinitely, is there a decent alternative? it's such a royal pita having to remove all mods and add in one by one

Hello @jenegee
    I don’t know of another mod that would help to find broken mods/cc.
    A suggestion that may help just a little is if you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.

This can help to reduce the time to locate broken mods/cc
  • "jenegee;c-16711477" wrote:
    I organised everything into subfolders (I hadn't realised you could do this with TS4) which helped as it drastically narrowed down where to find the problem mods. I am happily LE free atm but I'm dreading the next patch drop lol

It is good that you aren’t experiencing any last exceptions at the moment @jenegee Organising cc in sub folders is helpful.

If you have script mods though, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.
    For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC
  • "jenegee;c-16712556" wrote:
    I haven't put my script mods in a subfolder, just CC.

That is good :)
  • For anyone that doesn't know yet the creator of the Mod Conflict Detector is no longer making the mod but has opened it up for other mod creators to continue.
  • "NikkiKaur15;d-939699" wrote:
    Does the Mod Conflict Detector still work until this day because when i try to open Mod Conflict Detector it doesn't open up but i dont think ive updated it to the latest update can some please help or is their another mod like it

This version is the latest I could find, it was last updated after Cats & Dogs and according to the comments is still working:
    http://modthesims.info/d/561550
  • I am having trouble with the mod conflict detector, it gets stuck loading infinitely, is there a decent alternative? it's such a royal pita having to remove all mods and add in one by one
  • I organised everything into subfolders (I hadn't realised you could do this with TS4) which helped as it drastically narrowed down where to find the problem mods. I am happily LE free atm but I'm dreading the next patch drop lol
  • Also I learned from elsewhere on this forum Sims4studio is helpful for combing through CC although it kept throwing up out of memory errors for content I don't think was broken.

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,640 PostsLatest Activity: 6 hours ago