Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Mod Request: Pets don't get sprayed by skunks

I would like to request a mod, or if it exists, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Whenever a pet goes into one of those bushes (I call them the woohoo bushes) they have a few popups that occur post exploring and one of them is "Pet got sprayed by a skunk...." and then you either have to give them a bath or wait it out and giving pets a bath is a chore. Is there any way to just not have this be one of the results from a pet going into the bush? I like to have these bushes on the lot so the pets have something to do when the sims are too busy to play but they get sprayed by a skunk over and over. I don't mind the getting bit by a squirrel one but the skunk one just makes all the sims uncomfortable.

Thanks
  • I couldn't find no bushes, but sims4me has a mod for less pet interaction with bushes:

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-hunde-katzen/
  • There you go, @lzbthnndgls:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_nomoreskunked.rar

If I'm correct, beeing skunked isn't the only side effect those bushes have. You pets can also get sick from getting bitten by a squirrel, for instance.
  • Sigh.... I was looking for a mod that just made it so that your pets no longer received the "_____ just got sprayed by a skunk" notification so they wouldn't get that smell that made my sims uncomfortable. I like the interactions with the bushes a lot but the side effects I can do without. So after a quick google search... I found this thread... that I made.... I guess today begins my true adventure into modding
  • Oh, wow. Had that happen in RL to my little dog. She went outside to do her business and managed to get sprayed by a skunk, who was passing through our backyard. When I let her back in she ran around the house in a frenzy leaving the stink just about everywhere! Oi. It was awful, like the smell of burning tires up close. Further away it was bad, too. We discovered bathing her in tomato juice would remove the stench, but still, like you said, bathing the dogs are not easy in this game. Too bad they don't have a spray at the vets we could use …

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,645 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago