Forum Discussion

Purplecobalt13
Rising Novice
2 months ago

New Sims Voices

I play  the Sims 4 on PC and I've been looking for mods to add new Sims voices for a while.  I'm just getting burned out and bored with the 3 voices for males and females.  

Does anyone know if EA has any plans to include new voices in the future or is there a way to add new voices to your game?

Any help is so appreciated!

LiELF
    Seasoned Veteran

I've never heard of any mods that do that. But I agree with you, the old voices are overused in my game and I'd really like some new ones. When they did new voices for Journey to Batuu, I was really hoping we'd get some new ones soon after, but no. I'd really like some voices with various accents to simulate other cultures and regions. The Rey Sim in Batuu actually has an English accent and it's awesome. 

• Yeah-I'd love to have new voices,too....I wish EA would make it so we could have different accents for different Sims...I would love for my Sim Ballora to have either a British accent,Irish accent or Scottish accent....I would love for my Sim Fantina to have a French accent..i would love to have other Sims speak with accents from Brooklyn, Texas, Australia,etc.

• You all are right, I never even thought about Sims with some accents.  That would be even more amazing if you could add some culture to your sim.   I really wish EA would do something like this in the future; maybe not enough people have asked for it; but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who would want new voice types.  

CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot

I agree. We desperately need  fresh voices.

Since Sims 4 Basegame has become available for free with regular updates and seemingly no end in sight we could almost consider the game a live service.  The game is a decade old, man,  I'm getting truly fed up with the limited voice options. It would be wonderful if they could spend some money and resources on hiring additional voice actors! The game NEEDS it at this point, at least two different accents per gender, but I'd also love some extra sinister and ethereal voices for my not so-humans...

Perhaps it's worth checking out the TS4 Sound Tool which is available on Mod the Sims.  I haven't really looked into it much myself yet, but apparently it lets you copy and edit/replace sound files, including voices, although these may or may not override the existing ones. It appears to be up-to date. 

Link below:

TS4_SOUND TOOL

Purplecobalt13
      Rising Novice

Thanks for that sound tool link!  I'm getting desperate for new voices.  You must be right, it has to be a cost thing as to why EA won't implement new voices.   

I thought no one else except myself was getting tired of  10 years of the same voices; but seeing you all speak out made me realize that's not the case

Children only have 2 voices, one for each gender.  I mean altering the pitch does nothing to change the voice itself. 

You're right, we have spell casters, aliens, werewolves, vampires, and they still talk like normal sims.  It really breaks any immersion you might get. 

If EA knew it was never going to add more voices, the least they could have done was give more voices up front or a way to add more easily.  

suceress
    Seasoned Novice

Apparently I haven't posted here in 2 years and things have changed a lot. Been crazy busy with life. Anyway, I would love to have more voice options. One of my pet peeves with the game is that the voices are so limited.

With AI voice tech it should be even easier to make new voices for the game. but we may have to wait until Sims5 comes out for that.