Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Painting placement and Outdoor Retreat

I made a custom object last summer that has a slot to put sim-painted paintings on, just like an easel (_ctnm_easelPaint_). This is still working fine for me with the base game + GT, but several users have reported that they cannot put paintings in that slot; as far as I can tell all of them have Outdoor Retreat installed.

I've seen that Outdoor Retreat apparently introduced different kinds of paintings; were there any changes in OR that would affect the placement of paintings on easels? I've already looked at the OR tuning but I only see photos, no paintings or anything that would give me any clues about placement.

The object is posted here (it's three of them but they are very similar), reports are in the comments (e.g. here).
  • Thanks so much for your help! I would never have noticed how the direction plays a role otherwise. So I take it when a transform matrix is weird it will confuse the game in such a way that it's losing track of the rotation -- I've also checked in the meantime that the version you used at first is breaking for me in the same way that you described.

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,700 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago