Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Skin Overlay

I just came back to playing, and I have been searching for new cc...one thing I can't seem to find is skin overlays in categories other than skin details.

I don't like the vanilla skin for aliens, and since they can't have skin details, I kinda don't want to play them...so if anyone can help, I would definitely appreciate it and be thankful.
  • I guess I am kind of confused as to what you mean by "they can't have skin details"? You can use any tattoos and there is patterned makeup in the game. That being said, @Tanja1986 posted a skin design based on aliens and there is one on here on tumblr that is a default replacement skin that looks kind of like fish scales. I hope this helps!
  • "Bananas_45;13761366" wrote:
    I guess I am kind of confused as to what you mean by "they can't have skin details"? You can use any tattoos and there is patterned makeup in the game. That being said, @Tanja1986 posted a skin design based on aliens and there is one on here on tumblr that is a default replacement skin that looks kind of like fish scales. I hope this helps!

I was meaning whatever category freckles and wrinkles are under, since that's where a lot of the overlays are. Aliens can't have those, which is so lame because most of the (in my opinion) good skins are just overlays that change how the skin looks, and in the only category aliens can't have.
  • > @DreamsInPixels said:
    > I just came back to playing, and I have been searching for new cc...one thing I can't seem to find is skin overlays in categories other than skin details.
    >
    > I don't like the vanilla skin for aliens, and since they can't have skin details, I kinda don't want to play them...so if anyone can help, I would definitely appreciate it and be thankful.

I know I'm like 3 years late, but for anyone else with this issue, I'm pretty sure if you follow these steps:
    ~Create your alien sim without any CC
    ~Move it into the world, all of the cheats must be done in-game.
    ~Use ctrl+shift+c to bring up the cheat console
    ~Type "testingcheats on" or "testingcheats enabled" exactly like that.
    ~Then type "cas.fulleditmode" exactly like that. You will not see any indication that the cheat worked, so make sure you double check your spelling.
    ~Shift+click your sim
    ~Go to Modify in CAS
    Skin details will then be available. If you are unable to click the sim diamond icon then you did it wrong. Exit Create-A-Sim and try again.
    It is worth noting that I use the MC Command Center mod, I pretty much always have. I'm not really sure if it affects anything. Sorry if it doesn't work for anyone.