Forum Discussion

Outdated_Garlic
Rising Novice
2 days ago

Update causing infinite loading

Since the update any save I had before the update is unplayable. I can get into manage worlds but as soon as I try to play my current household it won’t load me in.

I can load up other households in the save but not my played households. I can also make new saves and play in them fine, it’s just the old ones.

I’ve taken out all my mods, deleted the cache, repaired my game, did a fresh sims 4 folder but none of it has fixed it. I saw that some people who had this issue had lot challenges (specifically off the grid) but they’re not on any of the household lots.

Attatched a dxdiag to this incase it’s useful.

• Outdated_Garlic  A dxdiag is always appreciated, although in your case it doesn't point to any specific problem that would explain the issues loading your saves.  Can you load your main households if you move them to different lots?  Please test default lots, nothing downloaded from the Gallery or even that you've built or modified yourself.  You don't need to save your progress.

The idea here is to find out whether the problem is the sims or their lot.  If you can't load the sims on different lots, try loading the lots in Build mode, then in Live mode (with newly-created sims) if that works.  Let me know how it goes.

Outdated_Garlic
      Rising Novice

I tried loading my family into a fresh lot and that also got stuck endlessly loading.

I moved a new family into their home lot and that loaded up fine.

I can also get into build mode on that lot fine. So I guess this would make it an issue with all of my played households over all of my pre-update saves?

• @Outdated_Garlic Hello there, I had the same problem with my save. I moved evicted/household out then edited their house lot on manage world. I found out lot traits causing infinite reload. Can you try to evict/move household out and edit their bugged home lot in manage world to remove any lot traits and challenges? I could only fix my household like that but still adding lot traits or challenges causing same problem so untill a bug fix I will play without adding them.

Outdated_Garlic
      Rising Novice

I tried removing my lot traits and that didn’t fix it sadly & I also don’t play with lot challenges

• Outdated_Garlic  Do you get a lastexception when trying to load your main household?  It would be best to delete any LEs you have (they'd be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4) and try again to load the sims, then look for a new one.  If you find one, you can attach it to a post as a .txt file, although you may need to delete the first line to convince the site to allow the upload.

Please continue to test with no mods or custom content.

If you don't get an LE, try splitting the household.  It's possible only one sim is broken.

Outdated_Garlic
      Rising Novice

Just tried it with multiple different households in multiple different saves and none of them load.

I don’t know if this is what you need but this appears in my Sims 4 Folder.