Forum Discussion

natalka_simici
Rising Novice
3 days ago

Updated and does not work

This morning I played TS and the game worked perfectly. In the afernoon I updated the game and the build mode does not work. If I click on the build mode there is no cathegories of "building a house or furniture". Also I noticed if I have a household of let's say 4 sims and I want to change the sim I am playing with the plumbob changes, but not the list of friends, needs, etc. Next thing I noticed is that when you actually play and you are switching the sims you can see that they are in some kind of square (when switching - the sim in the middle with black hair). And in cas it is similar. I have to click on the sim two times to change from one sim to another. 

Does anyone have the same problem? I tried to repair the game, but it didn't worked. Could it be wrongly updated? 

• natalka_simici  Do you use mods or custom content?  If so, please remove the Mods folder and delete localthumbcache.package, and test the game.  You don't need to save your progress.

If that doesn't help, or you use no mods or cc at all, please test a new save, for comparison's sake, and let me know which problems are still present.

natalka_simici
      Rising Novice

Thank you for your response. 

When I deleted my mods and cc and also deleted that package, the game worked as it should. I am ok playing without mods but what should I do if I want to play with them in the future? 

• Do a game repair. I had a few weird issues after I patched, then recalled my mantra to always repair the game after a patch. I did end up repairing twice, but after that things were as they should be.  Close your game, first. Then open the EA App, click on the icon of your game on the left hand side, rather that selecting play game. From there find the manage button and select repair -- I believe it's the last one on the list. Let the repair do its thing.