Forum Discussion

isabellronn
Rising Newcomer
3 days ago

Can’t launch game after update

Hi! I updated my game to the latest patch but now I can’t play. When I open the sims 4 and then click to play with my family it just stops at the loading screen. After about 30 seconds it sounds like the game has loaded but the loading screen keeps spinning (I tried to wait but 15 min was enough for me). I have taken all my mods out and repaired the game but the problem is still there. Can someone please help me? I really don’t know what to do and I really want to play sims hahah

• isabellronn  Can you load a different household within this save?  What about a new save?  I'm not saying you can't play with your current household, only that this is a useful test.

Additionally, does the main house have any associated lot challenges, for example Off the Grid?  If so, try entering the house in Build mode and removing the challenges.

If you can't play a new save either, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and let me know whether it works.

• Mine is crashing on launch. I took the whole sims4 folder out of Electronic Arts folder in documents, restarted, same problem except it took 2 seconds longer to crash :( 

I was so excited for this update after watching a youtube video that made it sound like the game was finally more stable... nope! I can't even get to the main menu now. :(

• KarenZzombiie  Please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.