Forum Discussion

MvQmXYxyA
New Novice
2 months ago

EA App crashing

Same issue here. I already tried to launch the EAApp first but always get one of the following:

Then after I hit the restart app button:

And then:

And after clicking Run Update:

And... nothing.. the app just close and then rinse and repeat....

When launching from steam it just open this EAApp  window:

And then:

It does not make any sense saying that "you're connected to internet" if the update script was able to connect.

Please fix it, it is really annoying to have this app running in the background doing more that just checking the integrity of the games we play. If we are going to profile us using this app to sell this info to 3rd parties at least let us use the game for god sake.

• MvQmXYxyA  I've split your post into its own thread because your issue is different than that covered in the other thread.  Please uninstall the EA App with Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine), and restart your computer before reinstalling the App.  Run the installer as an admin: right-click the download and select "Run as administrator."

If you use a third-party antivirus, disable it, temporarily, when reinstalling the App, and test Sims 4 once before reenabling the antivirus.  (As long as you don't do anything else at the same time, your computer should be safe.)  When you do so, set an exception for EADesktop.exe.  Also set exceptions for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64; or the entire Bin folder they're in.

MvQmXYxyA
      New Novice

Ok...

• Uninstalled using revo, restarted, re installed from ea website. Still same list of errors above. 
      • Uninstalled a second time, cleaned registry using ccleaner, reinstalled, same outcome.
      • Uninstalled a third time, downloaded an old version that found here on the forums threads. and installed, same issue.
      • When updating sometimes got an error about QT Network, but even though it updates. 

I did not tried to stop the antivirus since the app was working fine, and this is way to dangerous. The only thing that i did different when this started was to install windows 11.

Regarding the exceptions, it does not make any sense at all since the issue is with the EA launcher that needs to be running before the program even bothers to try to launch the game.

I won't ask for a way to bypass the EA App launcher since i'm quite sure that this goes against your policy so here we are still on the same start line.

• MvQmXYxyA  It is certainly dangerous to go without an antivirus in general.  It's not particularly dangerous to do precisely one thing with the antivirus disabled when you know that one thing is not in itself a threat.  That's why I suggested it, as a test.

If you don't want to try it, that's fine, but then the next suggestions start to get more time-consuming, for example a repair install of Windows.  A simpler test would be to try a different network, for example using your phone (running off data, not your home wifi) as a mobile hotspot.  I'm not at all confident it'll help given the errors you're seeing, but it takes less than a minute to try.

MvQmXYxyA
      New Novice

Hi, already gave a try with AV disabled, same result. i ran sfc/scannow to check any issue with win11 no issues so far.

Tried with different networks, same.

• MvQmXYxyA  Do you use a VPN, and if so, does it help to disable it?

Otherwise, please do another clean uninstall of the EA App (Revo, CCleaner, whatever you want that's more thorough than uninstalling the normal way), create a new admin Windows account, and try to install in that.  Run the installer as an admin again.

MvQmXYxyA
      New Novice

I use VPN and i just disable it to check but the same error appears once again. I uninstalled the app and let the steam app to trigger the installation from another EA game. Same result, so at this time we have ruled out, AV, VPN, installation, and with all of these, still suggesting that the Service is the one crashing. So what's next? I would say that one of your latest updates on EAApp went wrong somewhere to be crashing in Win 11. At this time i realized that i have just lost access to 2 NFS games, 3 StarWars games, and 2 versions of SIMS. Is this enough for someone else to have a serious look at this issue? it can't be that all other software is working just fine installing and uninstalling and only yours be the one having issues, let me be plain clear that this does not seems like something is wrong with my windows or configuration. And no, i don't use cracks or alike, i am well aware that in this century that is just shooting you own leg.

WackyJaci
        Rising Newcomer

Yeah mine won't even open. Tried a lot of work around, on windows 10, crashes no matter what at sign in window after a couple seconds.

PLEASE NOTE: For me the 'The app crashed unexpectedly' report window ALSO crashes after a couple of seconds.

EA, to be frank, we spend WAY too much money on your moderately good games for issues like this to be going on for... over six months it seems on Google. Figure your firewalls and anti-duping security out in a way that doesn't hurt the fan base, please. 

• MvQmXYxyA  Sorry for the late reply.  I have to admit I'm kind of stumped on this one.  If you're willing, it's worth trying a repair install of Windows, which wouldn't delete any data and would address a variety of potential system issues.  I'm not saying your OS install is broken, only that this is as good a next step as anything I can think of.  Please use option two:

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/repair-install-windows-11-with-an-in-place-upgrade.418/

As said, this shouldn't delete your data, but if you get to step 14 and are NOT asked to keep personal files and apps, back out and start over.

WackyJaci  Have you tried the other suggestions in this thread?