Forum Discussion

Abby052605
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

Endless loading screens

every time i open the game i either can’t get past the first loading screen, or i can get to manage worlds but as soon as i go to play a household i get stuck on that loading screen and i have to fully shut off my computer to exit the game as it doesn’t allow me to access anything besides the loading screen.

• Abby052605  If you have any files in ConfigOverride, please remove them.  And for your main household, if you've applied any lot challenges, for example Off the Grid, please remove those too.

Otherwise, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how it runs.

If this doesn't help, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

Abby052605
      Seasoned Newcomer

playing in a clean user folder seems to work fine but i don’t wanna lose my other saves !

• Abby052605  You can keep your saves and most or all of your other content, depending on what's broken.  If you have any mods or custom content you want to use right now, test that first.  Start here for a list of mods and cc known to be broken with the latest patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mods-CC-Issues/Broken-Obsolete-and-Updated-Sims-4-Mods-1-109-September-18-2024/td-p/14043148

For anything not on that list, you'll need to test yourself.  If you have a lot of files to go through, the 50/50 method can make the process much more efficient.

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

After that, you can move your saves to the new Sims 4 folder that's spawned in Documents > Electronic Arts.  You'll likely want the contents of Tray (saved households and builds) as well, plus maybe Screenshots and Recorded Videos.  The accountDataDB.package contains login reward data; transfer UserSetting.ini too if you don't see the rewards.  (There have been some issues with data migration.)  The rest can be discarded.

pipersfun2
      New Novice

Thank you , it worked except wouldnt let me save. Think I am going to have to go through my mods one by one. Good Lord should be done doing so close to new year. AGH