Forum Discussion

LipSmacker2
Seasoned Newcomer
2 days ago

Game won’t launch

Hi,

my game won’t launch. When trying to launch via EA app or via sims 4 shortcut the game opens and flickers from black to white screen a couple of times and then either goes back to the ea app or a minimised version of sims with a white screens stays on my screen. 

ive tried repairing the game twice with no luck. I’ve removed mods. I’ve even removed the sims 4 folder where you find mods and saves so it had to create a new folder. No luck. 

All drivers are up to date. It should launch with my Nivada driver. I don’t know what I have to do. 

• I have the same problem. I've tried game repair. I've tried clearing game and EA cache.

• I have the same issue. No mods. Have un-installed and reinstalled the game. It freezes during the loading screen and is completely unplayable. 

redhead0966
    Seasoned Newcomer

Hi, I have the same problem. I even deleted and reinstalled the sims.

Problem remains. Can't play anymore.

I hope they can fix it soon.

• LipSmacker2 redhead0966  Please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily unread by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and see how it runs.

If you get another crash, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

KueiMei
      Seasoned Newcomer

Hi, I have the same problem: I restarted the game without the mods folder and without the sims 4 folder, I also repaired the game and uninstalled and reinstalled it: the game opens a blank page and then closes returning to the desktop.
      I followed your instructions and I attach the dxdiag file.
      Thanks for the help!

• I think I've figured out what the problem is - at least on my computer. My NVIDIA video card driver update also happened last night and something went wrong. Geforce Experience had a blank screen too, so I uninstalled the NVIDIA driver and guess what? My Sims game launches from the integrated video card. I can't really play it from that as the integrated card is crap but it DOES run. (I'm re-installing the video card driver now - fingers crossed it works.)

• I’m have the same issue as well. I’m hope EA fixes this issue soon because I still have finished the grim reaper challenges. 

redhead0966
      Seasoned Newcomer

I would also like to finish the grim reaper challenges.

Elliecats
    Seasoned Newcomer

It's the same here, but mine is saying it cannot load the household. Is anyone else having issues with this?