Forum Discussion

RhiRhiCS
Newcomer
17 hours ago

HELP! Sims 4 Constantly Crashing!!

Hi guys please help, the sims 4 has been totally unplayable ever since the big update on the 18/09/24! My game initially loads up and I begin to play in my saves, but between 0-30 minutes my game will freeze for 5-10seconds and then completely close to desktop. 

I've tried the following fixes-

• Got rid of all my mods completely 
  • Full reinstall of the sims 4 and expansions
  • Repaired the games via EA app multiple times
  • Recreated the sims 4 folders
  • Deleted all my saves and created a brand new one
  • Updating my laptop
  • Reinstalled graphic drivers 

None of the above has helped at all. I believe the image below is what is causing it to crash. Does anyone know why this is happening? I haven't been able to play sims for a month now and have tried everything.

• I have the same problem, but when the game crashes, my pc shuts down and turns on again. I also did everything you wrote in the list, and I also started to have this problem after the last patch or maybe a little later when the Reaper Rewards started.. By now I have lost hope 😞

RhiRhiCS
      Newcomer

I'm glad it's not just me...I'm losing hope too. Seems unfair to invest so much in packs and time in a game just for it to become unplayable 

• RhiRhiCS melagigante  Please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.