Forum Discussion

pwinkydwinky
Rising Newcomer
19 days ago

Major Glitching/Crashing Issue

I hadn't played the game for maybe a month(?) until today, and there was an update that required my mods to be shut off, so I let it do that, turned mods back on, and started the game- But immediately, I saw there was no Sim in the bottom left corner, which was weird... So I went to the map, opened my list of households, which were there, but again, showed none of the Sims in them (both mine and pre-made)! The amount of Sims I have is also shown as 0/200, which honestly scares me, because does this mean whatever's happened has deleted all of my Sims? Is every single one I made gone??? ;-; Hovering my cursor over any of the occupied houses on the map bring up a glitchy, blue box in place of the people. If I try to visit any location, the "Select A Household And Sims To Visit With" pops up, but yet again, it shows no Sims to pick from and select, so I cannot do anything. I can only play as the last household I saved with, but even if it actually showed the people, I additionally realized I cannot even click/use anything, AND there are no NPC's as mentioned to interact with. Attempting to load CAS results in an eternal loading screen that crashes EA and the game has to be shut through force quitting. The game is broken :( I don't know if this is an issue several others already dealt with and resolved, but does anyone know what may be going on and could help find a solution? Turning off mods does nothing at all... :_D

• pwinkydwinky  Please move your Mods folder to the desktop and try again to load one of your saves.  You don't need to save your progress; this is just for testing.

If that doesn't help, try to recover a backup save, still with the Mods folder removed.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/