Forum Discussion

tiggyw
Newcomer
22 hours ago

Sims 4 not playing

I have been playing sims 4 for ages now but as of late i have been getting the massage " FAILED TO CREATE FOLDER The EA app requires full permissions to create this folder" along with the folder info.  ow i have had no problems in the past with this, it never happened on my last laptop.  I have had to delete everything twice now are re download everything including EA app, and it plays fine but.... when i try and and play the next day it does the same thing.

Please can anyone help as its driving me crazy i lost a lot of saved content when i had deleted everything i.e houses i built, and games that i was playing, and i don't want to built a lot of games only to have to do the same again.

• tiggyw  This is typically related to an overly active antivirus.  So please set an exception in yours for EADesktop.exe or the folder it's in, then try again.  It's worth creating exceptions for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64 as well, or the Bin folder they're in.  You may need to repair the game afterwards.