Forum Discussion

TV_CatFish
New Novice
4 hours ago

Sims CAS is still crashing

In my last post about this I had an issue when I updated the game with the sims crashing after I leave CAS when editing pre-existing households. It's been a while and even when changing it to Direct 9, repairing the game, and removing all mods it's continuing to crash.

Like before completely clearing out my Electronics Arts folder/removing my previous saves fixes the issue, but I still want to keep all my previous saves in tact. I don't know much about the DxDiag but I have added the attachment below if anyone with more knowledge about it can find something.

• TV_CatFish  Thanks for the dxdiag, which shows a number of Sims 4 crashes that have recently mostly been related to ReShade or GShade.  So if you have either one, please remove its files and repair the game (again, if you have already).

If that doesn't help, I do have one user who reported that some Razer apps were the problem.  They didn't specify which ones, but this has been an issue in the past.  So please uninstall anything you have from Razer: Cortex, Synapse, Game Manager Service, etc.