Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Why LGBT Representation Is Important In Gaming.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1380169637489352708?s=19

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/status/1380172500101779461?s=19
    logionX
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17876100" wrote:
    "logion;c-17876096" wrote:
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17876063" wrote:
    "logion;c-17876024" wrote:
    What benefit do I have as a player of LGBTQ representation when I can't even live a basic life?

The benefit is when the players accept the LGBT , in particular in Russia, China or Saudi Arabia.

20 Most Dangerous Places For Gay Travelers
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/11/25/most-dangerous-places-safest-lgbtq-gay-travelers/

Change the mind of the people, it will change the world.

Can you play the sims4 in those countries?

That's why all the video games should do it !

The Sims is banned for LGBT content in China, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar and Egypt.

That's too bad. I think it will be difficult to influence those governments.
  • "ClarionOfJoy;c-17877079" wrote:
    "BettyNewbie1;c-17861482" wrote:

NOTE: I.D.K. Enough about non binary to have an opinion on it. Please inform me in the comments if you are knowledgeable.

I don't know enough about non-binary either. Can someone explain it please?

"InuMiroLover;c-17876237" wrote:

LGBTQIA representation is important, but changing the minds of powerful governments who tightly control their citizen's speech and ideas through the power of information would take an incredible global initiative that would involve more than just game developers. Plus you know, its gotta be monetarily beneficial to them above all else.

According to the Bible, that would be the end times attempt by Satan to push for a one world government that rejects God. :)

PS: Also according to the Bible, that doesn't end well either.... *shrug*

- Non-binary is when someone doesn't identify with the gender binary and feels uncomfortable being addressed as a boy or a girl.
  • "SERVERFRA;c-17881611" wrote:
    My favorite one was the Song of Solomon. That one is like a steamy romance novel. There's so much interesting stories in the book that makes modern day books lame.

So true I love reading it. Sims and Will Wright did bring out an important question of what kind of God would we be to our Sims? In order for it to be a true sandbox game there needs to be different paths our Sims to take. Sims is very educational with romance but there has been a question of romance during rabbit holes. Maybe it would be better if woohoo and kissing were not hidden in a rabbit hole because realizing narration from the imagination well can give kids the wrong information on how romance works. Like explaining alien pregnancy in the Sims with the history of male pregnancy is something if a parent doesn't explain to kids, they may get inaccurate information about it from a stranger on the internet. Sims I feel has been a positive education tool but could always use improvements too in that area. Just glad the spaced apart kissing got fixed because that would have scared kids. It was scary seeing babies grow to kids in the beginning too.