Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Adobe Flash; New Script packages

Adobe flash ends support in December. How will this effect the game? How will this effect script packages. Also, what script packages are people using other than the ones in the google game store? I know at one point xdast(?) or someone was advertising a script package, then started charging a fee. I miss that package and am ready to shell out some cash.
happy hunting
arizcolo
  • The game itself does not use or rely on flash. Individual scripts may do so. CnC:opt is one such script. There are a number of replacements, none that I've found that are quite as good or comprehensive.

Packages are generally just other peoples scripts gathered together and placed in a nice wrapper. They do sometimes update the scripts to work with the various changes introduced in the game, but sometimes they rely on the original script writer(s) to post updates first. I use individual scripts rather than a package of scripts, that way I don't overload the computer with unwanted potentially dangerous scripts.
  • https://github.com/zbluebugz/CnC-TA-Opt is the only one that I have found that comes near - but I still use CnC:opt while it is available.

It doesn't seem to have all the facilities or slick graphics of the original flash version.
  • there was a script at one point that was huge improvement on the world map. let you identify alliances and color code them, etc. was very helpful when alliances went to war. think the veteran gamers have moved on, given all the problems with tiberium alliances.

About Tiberium Alliances General Discussion

Talk with other players about what is going on in your Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances game.1,163 PostsLatest Activity: 18 hours ago