Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Newest Firefox - Greasemonkey

Firefox, in its infinite wisdom, seems to have blown up Greasemonkey in it. Anyone come up with a workaround at this point?

If there is another topic on this already hit me up I'll move mine there. I searched and could not find anything current.
  • There is a fix being rolled out now - Mozilla identified the problem and are correcting it. They say to NOT delete or change anything and fix will automatically happen.
  • Tampermonkey is so much better —they have a working Import feature & a ton of customization options —let's face it, Greasemonkey is ancient & archaic. My FF got wiped out & I couldn't Import through Greasemonkey from Opera (where I also use TM), so I was forced to switch… Also I use Stylus instead of Stylish, which was rocked by many privacy breaches; so far so good. I used to be a Greasemonkey\ Stylish fan too, but they haven't updated or delivered anything new… I use Firefox Developer Edition.
  • greasemonkey and theme is disabled for me. Also I can't download other alternatives. Says internet unavilable...
  • Mine is disabled as well and there appears to be no way to enable while accepting whatever risk it is they think they are protecting us from.
  • For me appear like active: http://prntscr.com/nkfqn8 & http://prntscr.com/nkfrm1
  • Players who use Firefox have to check if this setting is on - to have the automatic fix about disabled addons. After a short time, the temporary fix will disable the problematic - Certificate validation - function. They work on a final fix...
    prntscr.com/nkczpg
  • Looks like they fixed it, mine is back to normal without my having to do a thing. Don't you just love updates like this?
  • Where it is fixed without any intervention, "installing and running studies" was enabled in settings.
    - I am not sure about the future of addons in Firefox, but they are said to be disabled soon. So, we could try now what it will be like later.