Forum Discussion

12 years ago

------------------------------GREAT IDEA FOR TSTO!! Civilians And Cars!-----------------------------

Wicked idea
  • I think it would be a terrible idea cause its hard enough finding characters to give jobs to, it would be even more difficult and frustrating to find the characters you want with other non playable characters roaming around.

The cars idea sounds nice but I feel like the game would be so laggy with that.
  • As more content updates get released, there will be more characters roaming the town. There's already 40 characters in the game

48 if you count The Raven, Burns Monster, Evil Krusty Doll, Mayan God, Santas Little Helper & the 3 Funzos
  • More surpirse visits a la Gil would be nice though. Bought all the land, so space and open road to spare.
  • Ok maybe not 1 or 2 characters per land bought. Maybe 1 civilian for every 5th land bought or something like that.
  • mitsuhoney wrote:
    I think it would be a terrible idea cause its hard enough finding characters to give jobs to, it would be even more difficult and frustrating to find the characters you want with other non playable characters roaming around.

The cars idea sounds nice but I feel like the game would be so laggy with that.

I suppose if the civilians was a layer you could turn off, it wouldn't interfere with daily game play. (I really don't know if this will work. Just a thought) :)
  • ChuckElston wrote:
    Considering that the Simpsons Wiki lists 196 "major" characters, I don't think there will be any rush to add people to the town.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Major_characters

Cars would be cool, but not likely, considering we've already had several vehicles added, and none of them are animated.

In the same vein, I'd like to see the characters tweaked so they follow pavement the same way they follow roads.

Ah there are so many. Well 200 characters would certainly be enough considering the maximum size of the city. But cars in the streets and maybe a boat in the water is a must:)
  • Idea sounds good but whether EA would go for it would be a different matter :lol:

I would like to see cars going round the town but only a few selected ones :) Such as Homers Car, Burns car being able to drive round the roads instead of just being parked up :) for example
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Idea sounds good but whether EA would go for it would be a different matter :lol:

I would like to see cars going round the town but only a few selected ones :) Such as Homers Car, Burns car being able to drive round the roads instead of just being parked up :) for example

Yea I agree. It is booring that they just stand still. Maybe you could have an option for them to be still as a decoration, and when you feel like it you just drag the car and place it on the street and it will drive around.
  • Stafford91 wrote:
    If I could do anything to the game I would rotate the view because I'm sick off having to face building only two ways, I think I have an OCD of trying to make it look neat haha. Another thing I would do that really annoys me is be able to put the fence on the very edge of the path/road once again I don't know why it just annoys me. But I think the thing that annoys me most is you can only place the path on certain squares haha especially when you wanted it right in front of a building without a gap behind haha guess that's my rant over.

That, is exactly how I feel. LOL! I spend hours fussing about how to get rid of gaps and how to place pathways accurately so it is directly in front of a building.
  • mcorway wrote:
    This is an awesome idea. But before they can do this, they need to add an overview screen where you can see all playable characters and what job they are on and the ability to zoom to that character.

THEN, add randoms. Otherwise, as people have mentioned they will get lost. BUT, once they add an overview screen, then that solves that.

Yea great Idea! Even though there are no civilians in the cities I'm still having trouble to find my own characters sometimes. When i log in to collect my reward from tasks, there is always one little guy that has been walking around without doin a task:) usually martin since he is so little, invisible behind all the buildings. So some kind of menu that you can use to automaticly zoom in your character would be great. :D

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,393 PostsLatest Activity: 12 days ago