Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Anyone using donuts for #1 tasks?

patzmcm wrote:
Is anyone using donuts for #1 tasks to finish and to get the 400 emblems? It seems early in the game for that, but I'm contemplating...

Nope not even close. I missed the 400 once already and am not to a good start today. As long as I stay on pace, I'm not using donuts for number one tasks. If you are falling behind, it'll probably be a better deal to rush a personal prize.
  • efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Seems like it would be WAY cheaper to just spend the donuts on unlocking the prizes, since speeding those tasks is so costly. I haven't actually done the calculations, so I could be wrong, but I've seen the option to "get it now" for about thirty donuts, where speeding a prophesy costs more than that.

I'm seeing 110 donuts to speed up to get 2,000 emblems to get the fifth prize and that's after already earning, it's sure to be a lot steeper for speeding up the next prizes.

Well, it depends on how many emblems.

So, for example, I need just over 1100 emblems to get the next prize (Burns skin and money pool) and it would cost me 65 donuts. On the other hand, to speed up my final prophesy task (three hours left) would cost 30 donuts. This particular task would get me 400 emblems, but all the prophesy tasks cost like ten donuts per hour to speed up, regardless of which reward you're on. In any case it's cheaper, per emblem, to unlock prizes rather than speeding the tasks.

Right, that was my point.

Didn't seem to be your point, but okay.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Seems like it would be WAY cheaper to just spend the donuts on unlocking the prizes, since speeding those tasks is so costly. I haven't actually done the calculations, so I could be wrong, but I've seen the option to "get it now" for about thirty donuts, where speeding a prophesy costs more than that.

I'm seeing 110 donuts to speed up to get 2,000 emblems to get the fifth prize and that's after already earning, it's sure to be a lot steeper for speeding up the next prizes.

Well, it depends on how many emblems.

So, for example, I need just over 1100 emblems to get the next prize (Burns skin and money pool) and it would cost me 65 donuts. On the other hand, to speed up my final prophesy task (three hours left) would cost 30 donuts. This particular task would get me 400 emblems, but all the prophesy tasks cost like ten donuts per hour to speed up, regardless of which reward you're on. In any case it's cheaper, per emblem, to unlock prizes rather than speeding the tasks.

Right, that was my point.

Didn't seem to be your point, but okay.

I was trying to add onto what you were saying with an example of what it costs to jump ahead to the next prize instead of paying to hasten a task...but if thought otherwise so be it.
  • At 10pm I started the last task... buts its a 6hr task. Am I going to miss out on my 400?
  • fudgeo9 wrote:
    At 10pm I started the last task... buts its a 6hr task. Am I going to miss out on my 400?

Yes. You will get credit for the 150 emblems from the first task of the next day when it is finished.
  • I would if the cost of speeding up those tasks wasn't so exorbitantly (extortionately) expensive!
  • why would you bother? they are 1-4 hour tasks that cost 20-30 donuts to skip it's incredibly stupid to use donuts on them.

if you where going to waste donuts like that you might as well just use them to get the prizes