Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Crafting?

It's entirely possible if you are a grinder. You should easily be able to get one of each building and possible a second or more of the non-unique buildings.
  • wadebear wrote:

I don't know yet if you get crafting supplies for fighting felons. It's implied, since Comic Book Guy (as The Collector) can fight felons as well. Possibly you only get crafting supplies when he fights them? I just got The Collector skin and sent him to fight his first felon, so I don't know. I didn't notice a crafting payout when Homer or Fallout Boy finished their fights.

In case you haven't gotten the answer to this, payout is for every defeated felon, from any of the supers. Fallout Boy and Pie Man wins have both dropped cuffs for me.
  • Distracty wrote:
    Woot! I made a phone booth. :D

http://i.imgur.com/vH9pJ42.jpg?1

Does the phone booth give you anything? I finally got 10 picks and can craft it.....if its just a decoration, I think I would wait to get it. I reckon it will take a long time to get the picks since they are random

We know exactly how long it will take to get the cape and cuffs. Need 45 capes and 35 cuffs to get all items - the capes will take 9-10 days (assuming 4-5 hits of HQ per day).

I calc the cuffs could take 12 days or more 35 felons x 8 hours to get each one is 280 hours.

So IF some of the other lower prizes give craftable items too.....maybe its worth getting them now?

Thanks
  • 4kidsandacatdog wrote:
    wadebear wrote:

I don't know yet if you get crafting supplies for fighting felons. It's implied, since Comic Book Guy (as The Collector) can fight felons as well. Possibly you only get crafting supplies when he fights them? I just got The Collector skin and sent him to fight his first felon, so I don't know. I didn't notice a crafting payout when Homer or Fallout Boy finished their fights.

In case you haven't gotten the answer to this, payout is for every defeated felon, from any of the supers. Fallout Boy and Pie Man wins have both dropped cuffs for me.

Thanks, that's good to know.

I did finally get some handcuffs.

Now if I could just somehow spawn additional felons...

I never seem to have more than 2 felons in my town at once. I suppose that's because I run the game on a 4 hour schedule and knock them out as fast as they come in...
  • They're pretty hard on pacing this event this time around. Still, you can always get more felons with donuts, but it's probably not worth it.
  • Oh god this is gonna be rough.. I had to tap over 100 criminals to get the 5 lockpicks needed to craft the botanical garden.
  • chajuishuh wrote:
    Oh god this is gonna be rough.. I had to tap over 100 criminals to get the 5 lockpicks needed to craft the botanical garden.

Sounds like bad luck. They're supposed to have a 10% drop rate. I managed to get 5 after maybe 20-25 criminals.

This is why I generally oppose the random chance aspects they like to mix into events. :?
  • roshigoth1 wrote:
    chajuishuh wrote:
    Oh god this is gonna be rough.. I had to tap over 100 criminals to get the 5 lockpicks needed to craft the botanical garden.

Sounds like bad luck. They're supposed to have a 10% drop rate. I managed to get 5 after maybe 20-25 criminals.

This is why I generally oppose the random chance aspects they like to mix into events. :?

Yeah it felt comically unlucky as the first 3 I tapped each dropped one, then I went the rest of the night without one dropping.. finally got the remaining two this morning.
  • Anyone else find it ironic that we now have two different types of phone booths, at a time when phone booths are almost impossible to find in real life these days?