Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Criminals spawning in town

Note:I'm hesistant to make any conclusions about lowered spawning rates (I'm around 5800 pies so far so I haven't seen a marked drop but I did hoard 1 heart felons so there's a boost there)

However, based on the elf weirdness around XMAS I got into a go to KLand as a manner of making sure the the game was synched and have noticed the following. I'll clear my town of criminals, go to Krustyland (to also make sure there weren't any neighbors visiting there) & when I go back to my town there will be a clump (usually 3) of criminals in my landing zone...this happens most often on my first town visit (after an overnight break) so I'm guessing there's something in the game mechanism where "banked" criminals only spawn after you clear the majority of the free ones (& there's a time gap). It's possible that I just missed a few criminals and going to KL and back caused them to respawn in a clump. I'll record my end of day number of pies and see what tomorrow morning brings (so I can say in x hours I got y criminals & see how that compared to round one)
  • I've noticed a drop in criminals in town since reaching 7000 rods. Don't think I will ever reach 18500?. Friend list nearly full and I visit every day so this is going to be a long haul I think!!
  • Just did an overnight (6ish hour) count and was right around 60 criminals (which is what people were reporting in phase 1)...the rainbow haired criminals tend to wander further off the roads (squidport, mansion backyards, park areas) and even though it felt like fewer taps to clear my town some of that was learning that tapping nearer to the ground would clear the buildings (& my confusing characters like Father Sean, Legs etc were all tasked indoors & the increased tap radius meant I was getting two at once

Still running 4.13.0 (in case anyone has a decline and a different app version) & am right around 9200 pies after one day.
  • roxypup wrote:
    This morning I had one of the old looking criminals with no wig creeping around my Springfield. He still gave me pies. Thought that was interesting! Has anyone else seen that?

yes! gotta couple of those as well, was wondering what's the deal with them, but as long as they give pies they don't bother me much...
  • What I have noticed in the second phase that there seems to be a much smaller number of criminals that give Arbitrarium as well as pies compared to the first phase. Perhaps because you need a lot more to level up your HQ it just seems that there is less around.
  • I really love this event, but it's a small bummer that we can only get 1 super bonus at chapter 2 and not multiple bonuses like in part I. No matter how many pies one collects...
    I hope, they change that at level 3...
  • boldbhoy wrote:
    What I have noticed in the second phase that there seems to be a much smaller number of criminals that give Arbitrarium as well as pies compared to the first phase. Perhaps because you need a lot more to level up your HQ it just seems that there is less around.

I thought this also - but couldn't decide if there was actually less or it just seemed like it since you are leveling up slower. As you just said :mrgreen: