Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Device full (64 GB free space on iPhone)

On an iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 14 with total 256 GB storage and 64 GB free space I get this when trying to download the latest update since two days ago:

"Device Full
D'oh! There isn't enough storage space left on your device to download all of this cool stuff. Free up some space, and try again."

I got the same "device full" a couple of updates ago, but has been working fine since then.

For now when I start the game it says it needs 2 GB storage, or similar, and I have to confirm it. It starts downloading updates around 1800 MB of total 2132 MB. After a few seconds I get the error "Device Full". Yesterday the app cache cleaned itself up and it started to download updates from 0 MB and stopped around 1800 MB.

What space is full and any tricks of solving this?
  • IOS lies. Clear your cache for safari and spotify and clean anything else you can off. turn off Offload apps and reboot your device.
  • You should do a completely fresh install as long as you have an account uninstall, reboot device, reinstall do not play while downloading
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    You don't get a full 256gb due to the operating system
    Try deleting apps and other things.
    Have a look in this post to see if it helps: https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/272417/run-out-of-space#latest
  • Thanks for the info. I tried deleting some apps and clear the cache, but so far no differences. Now my device says I have 71 GB free space. Sure there must be space there for the remaining 200 MB to download.
  • Maybe this will help. I'm sorry i don't have iOs: https://www.lifewire.com/clear-iphone-cache-4178428
  • So I did do all the stuff above and suddenly yesterday the Tapped Out app were able to finish downloading. I played all day yesterday.

Today when I start the app, it needs to download additionally 10 MB and I get the "device full". I have tried everything; uninstalling, rebooting, installing, starting app etc. but now I get the "device full" message almost directly. My iPhone says it has 68 GB free space.
  • "HeffaKlump4ever;c-2200600" wrote:
    So I did do all the stuff above and suddenly yesterday the Tapped Out app were able to finish downloading. I played all day yesterday.

Today when I start the app, it needs to download additionally 10 MB and I get the "device full". I have tried everything; uninstalling, rebooting, installing, starting app etc. but now I get the "device full" message almost directly. My iPhone says it has 68 GB free space.

If you go to the app store can you download a new app from there? Or does that also tell you your device is full?

• https://help.ea.com/en/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/
  • I'm pretty sure that all downloads are put into a temp folder so they can then be unzipped and expanded into the usual folders that hold TSTO files. You likely need to empty that temp folder, because that folder likely has a size cap that has been reached.