Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Dreaded verification code!!!

Anyone else locked out of there tapped out account as code doesn’t work??
  • "bort0matic;c-2215311" wrote:
    Every time I go to login it shows me the new anti privacy policy screen and there’s no action to take there, nothing to click. Can’t login

I was having that problem for a long time until I realized I was just fat fingering the button. It's really sensitive and easy to hit the wrong one just below it on small devices.
  • I've found that if you are to quick entering the code it fails, if it fails give it 5 or 10 seconds then try putting the code in again.
  • I kept getting an error when I switched to my email to get the code then coming back so now I open the app, go to my email on a different device to get the code, works every time.
  • I find I can now go to my email, get the code and get in. It’s only been like this for a few weeks so possibly an update has made this issue better. I won’t say it has sorted it as others obviously still have a problem but it’s ok for me at last.
  • Every time I go to login it shows me the new anti privacy policy screen and there’s no action to take there, nothing to click. Can’t login
  • @bort0matic haven’t seen that problem in a long time but used to get it pretty often.

Here’s what I did.
    First I uninstalled game and Than I backed up my phone.
    Now I updated/installed phone OS software and restored to backup.

Finally I reinstalled the game.
    It worked. After deleting and reinstalling game alone didn’t help.

Best of luck
    lucienleon519
    Seasoned Newcomer
    If I type the code it won't work. If I copy+paste directly from the email it does.

Maybe this hasn't got anything to do with it... maybe it's a time thing like @devilhunt1449 suggests.

Either way it's a pain in da but