Forum Discussion

4junk3000
New Spectator
6 years ago

EA please fix this glitch!

From the beginning, we've been able to build divided roads.

Then the Area Select Tool was added, which includes the ability to move and store ground surface textures. Yay!

Unfortunately since then, if you use the tool to move any ground surface texture, it converts all existing divided roads into double-wide, merged roads. Like this:

It's ruining some of my oldest and most creative designs!! Please fix this! My bridge to Springfield Heights needs a median! LoL

Thanks for listening. (I know you are!!)

• "jaythecanadian;c-2061520" wrote:
    EA doesn't come here....this forum is run by users.

You would have to Email (or Contact or live chat) EA.

Believe it or not... EA does monitor/read their Forums. :smile:
  • Yeah, Jay I'm one of the people who've been telling others exactly what you just told me, for years n years. Which is why i also know they're paying more attention than they let on. I've seen the proof.

This is a bug that i wanted to document with pictures, just in case. Now there's a thread to refer to should it come up again.

I've accidentally ruined my roads, rebuilt them, and accidentally ruined them again, dozens of times. I'm finally frustrated enough to grasp at these straws and document the bug with a picture. Maybe it'll be noticed. Maybe not.

Happy tapping!
  • Have you tried to use the highway pieces. I know it is not the same and it doesn't end very well, but it would give you a median.
  • "P-dont;c-2061876" wrote:
    Have you tried to use the highway pieces. I know it is not the same and it doesn't end very well, but it would give you a median.

If it blended with the road correctly i would have. I tried it. I'm using the highway pieces in another area, and i had to use a banner to conceal the sidewalk portion that ruins the continuity of the blacktop.

It's sad how little they care about the details of the town building portion of the game. If the cobblestone road can blend with the standard road, they ALL should.
  • Thanks for posting this, it would drive me nuts when that happened and I had no idea why it did.
  • EA doesn't come here....this forum is run by users.

You would have to Email (or Contact or live chat) EA.
  • It won't do it if you can remember to filter out ground surfaces, before making a group-select move or storage action. But ugh i always seem to forget. Good luck, fellow tappers.