Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Game Not Compatible (SOLVED)

doh1886 wrote:
A few weeks ago my Samsung S4 stopped working. I've been using my sister's old phone since so I've been playing Tapped Out on that.

I finally got all issues sorted but for some reason my phone is no longer compatible, what in two weeks has changed? Has the chilli update made that much of an impact? Luckily my sister's old phone is compatible for now but what a blow.

I had an S4 up until a week ago and was able to play on it. I doubt that it's the phone itself. Maybe it needs a firmware update after being fixed? Did the Android version get reset to the originally installed one? Not sure that would make so much difference, but TSTO should be working, I think.
  • HappyGamer73 wrote:
    Not sure that would make so much difference, but TSTO should be working, I think.

This is 100% what it is. TSTO has a base OS requirement. That is how they limit it on old devices. For example from the Apple perspective, TSTO may require IOS 8 (or 7, forgot what it is). Apple then says IOS 8 is only compatible on iPhones 5 or later.

This then translates to TSTO not being playable on older devices. I don't know what the actual requirements are - or when they update them, but that is the gist of how this works.
  • doh1886 wrote:
    A few weeks ago my Samsung S4 stopped working. I've been using my sister's old phone since so I've been playing Tapped Out on that.

I finally got all issues sorted but for some reason my phone is no longer compatible, what in two weeks has changed? Has the chilli update made that much of an impact? Luckily my sister's old phone is compatible for now but what a blow.

My phone is galaxy S4. I just checked and the the game is working on it.

I rarely play the game on it and had to update from the wild west to chilliad event. No problems here.

Not sure why you can't get on. :?:

• I don't know who your provider is, but I've had really good luck with the Techs at my provider(Verizon) sorting out odd issues with phones I've had in the past. Or they can give you the most recent/easiest way to contact the manufacturer's techs.