Forum Discussion

9 years ago

H.M.O. scaled?

I wouldn't say that it's any worse than some of the other buildings, then again I don't think that they worry about scaling at all when you look at the size of cars, characters, roads etc.
  • I think it's more on scale with the original buildings, like KBurger, Pet Store, Moe's, etc. I think that's why it fit so well on my town square next to Zesty's.

Sometimes i feel like there's two designers making buildings. One insisting on the smaller scale, and one trying to make things bigger. That person is who made all of the SH buildings i imagine.

But i think the winner for smallest scale relativity is the Helter Shelter, which actually changed after release and shrunk significantly. It's so stupid looking now, but made for great ironic joke that all aid to the poor is being scaled back, including physical objects.
  • 4junk3000 wrote:

Sometimes i feel like there's two designers making buildings. One insisting on the smaller scale, and one trying to make things bigger. That person is who made all of the SH buildings i imagine.

I'm in 100% agreement with you on that and personally prefer the smaller scale stuff as I can then fit more buildings in a limited space, I also think that the smaller buildings fit in with the decorations and tree's better one thing id love to do is take an axe to some of the carbuncles that are called level 5 SH buildings and trim them down to size.
  • 4junk3000 wrote:

But i think the winner for smallest scale relativity is the Helter Shelter, which actually changed after release and shrunk significantly. It's so stupid looking now, but made for great ironic joke that all aid to the poor is being scaled back, including physical objects.

Zenith City Times
  • I treated it as a storefront, which are usually small. On the show it actually is a storefront rather than standalone building.