Forum Discussion

JJFitzy3
New Spectator
2 years ago

Conquest Reward Crate Scaling Concern

It seems the Galactic Conquest (Hard) reward crates do not scale well. Reward crate 3 has a few higher end items that aren’t in crate 2 but less quantity of items that are in both.

For example, in reward crate 2:
2 purple gear boxes
2 GL12 gear boxes
2 GL 12+ gear boxes
2 injector gear boxes
20 incomplete signal data (relic mats)
20 fragmented signal date (relic mats)

In reward crate 3:
1 purple gear boxes
2 GL12 gear boxes
2 GL 12+ gear boxes
1 injector gear boxes
15 incomplete signal data (relic mats)
15 fragmented signal date (relic mats)

I guess my point is if a player is focusing on GL12->relic(1) what is the incentive for them to continue past reward crate 2 on Galactic Conquest (Hard). If the rewards are going to be static, non-selectable crates then they should scale proportionally and not “punish” the player for advancing further in the event.

I’ve already heard from members of my guild that they do not participate in Galactic Conquest for this reason.

• So the best crate has the lowest amount of the newest character or ship?
  • I suppose it depends what your priorities are. If you aren’t fussed about a new toon then I can see an argument for not going for a higher box. I would say it’s foolish though as they’re limiting the amount of conquest currency they can earn which can also be spent on gear/signal data/relic mats.

I would be prepared to bet that going for a higher box allows you to buy any small loss in gear with the extra conq currency earned along the way.
  • If you're spending any money at all in this game, the $10 conquest pass is where to spend it - especially if you're getting red crate. The gear and relic materials that you can purchase with conquest currency make it worth it - or put another way, you're getting 20 shards of an unreleased character for $10 leaving you nearly 3k conquest currency to spend on G12 gear and signal data. The value for the money is unparalleled anywhere in the game. And even if you're not going after a day 1 unlock of the character, going for red crate gets you far more in rewards (after factoring in conquest currency) than any other single endeavor in the game, even if you're not buying the conquest pass.

It doesn't FEEL like a lot because it takes two weeks of playing to get the rewards, but it's absolutely worth your time if you can manage red or gold crate. I still have people in my guild that don't do conquest because it's "too grindy" but ignoring it or doing the bare minimum does real harm to your account - so if you're serious about the game - ignore it at your peril.

Rewards aside, it's some of the most fun that I have in the game. It's a puzzle and a challenge to come up with the right team comps to advance and do feats simultaneously. I think conquest got a bad rap initially because of the wildly varying difficulty in the first several iterations. Things have leveled out a lot now - from what I've seen, the people that have the most trouble with it are the same people that resist GL farming. People with established, strong rosters tend to do much better and find it less grindy.
  • "herd_nerfer;c-2399799" wrote:
    If you're spending any money at all in this game, the $10 conquest pass is where to spend it - especially if you're getting red crate. The gear and relic materials that you can purchase with conquest currency make it worth it - or put another way, you're getting 20 shards of an unreleased character for $10 leaving you nearly 3k conquest currency to spend on G12 gear and signal data. The value for the money is unparalleled anywhere in the game. And even if you're not going after a day 1 unlock of the character, going for red crate gets you far more in rewards (after factoring in conquest currency) than any other single endeavor in the game, even if you're not buying the conquest pass.

It doesn't FEEL like a lot because it takes two weeks of playing to get the rewards, but it's absolutely worth your time if you can manage red or gold crate. I still have people in my guild that don't do conquest because it's "too grindy" but ignoring it or doing the bare minimum does real harm to your account - so if you're serious about the game - ignore it at your peril.

Rewards aside, it's some of the most fun that I have in the game. It's a puzzle and a challenge to come up with the right team comps to advance and do feats simultaneously. I think conquest got a bad rap initially because of the wildly varying difficulty in the first several iterations. Things have leveled out a lot now - from what I've seen, the people that have the most trouble with it are the same people that resist GL farming. People with established, strong rosters tend to do much better and find it less grindy.

I still feel it is very grindy.
    My wish is to make the datacrons node simable (DC rewards only no feats). It would do a lot to take away some of the grind. I typically find myself at red crate in 7 to 10 days then it is just doing the last nodes for DC mats, which is where it can feel really grindy.