Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Homerpalooza: Act 1 Walkthrough

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 1

Auto starts

Lisa: What a beautiful summer day. In the park, families are picnicking, old men are feeding birds…
Lisa: You know what would make it perfect? A jazz concert.
Homer: You're right, honey! You should go play your saxophone for them.
Lisa: Great idea!
Bart: You must really hate picnickers, Dad.
Homer: It got her saxophone out of the house didn't it?

Task: Make Lisa Play Jazz Music
Time: 6s

Moe: Wow, I was at the park eating the birdseed the old men throw, when I heard you play, Lisa.
Moe: You can really honk that horn. How'd you like a job at the bar?

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 2

Lisa starts

Lisa: A gig at your bar? Really? Did Dad put you up to this?
Moe: Not at all… I just love diminished fifths and double syncopation.
Lisa: Define “double syncopation”.
Moe: Okay, I admit it. I want to hire you because jazz music drives away the rats.
Lisa: Eh, a gig's a gig.

Task: Make Lisa Jam at Moe's Tavern
Time: 6s

Moe: You know what? That live music was fun. I'm almost sorry I jammed these corkscrews in my ears.
Lisa: We should throw a jazz festival! We could become the next live music mecca. Like New Orleans, Coachella, Austin!
Moe: Yeah! Why not? Springfield is as hot, gritty, and unpleasant as any of those places. Barely.

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 3

Marge starts

Marge: Woah, Lisa, you can't just start a jazz festival. Springfield isn't known for jazz.
Bart: In fact, it's known for setting Dave Brubeck's bus on fire when they took the wrong exit and ended up here by mistake.
Marge: Maybe we can work up to it, by putting Springfield on the musical map with a rock festival.
Homer: Yeah, like that Homerpalooza festival I was the star of.
Bart: It was “Hullabalooza”, and you were a creepy sideshow who shot himself with a cannon.

https://tstotopix.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/rockstage_menu.png?w=138
Task: Build the Rock Stage
Task: Make Homer Jam on the Rock Stage

On job start:
Homer: Hello Springfield! Thanks for listening to two hours of me randomly banging a guitar I don't know how to play.
Otto: Eh, we're rock fans. We can't tell the difference.

Quest rewards: 25 Event Currency and 10 XP

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 4

Lisa starts

Lisa: Wow, Dad, your rock stage is working great. The town is filled with rock festival goers.
Moe: Stupid festies! Walking around collecting souvenirs and taking selfies for their Facelook pages. I'll mosh ‘em to Hell!
Quimby: Stop, you braindead troll. Ticket sales are keeping this town afloat, after the ongoing monorail disaster.
Quimby: So tap on them and collect stubs.
Quimby: And if you also happen to get some cuffs, well, I might have a use for them too.

Task: Tap Festival Fans

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 5

Lawyer starts

Lawyer: Excuse me, I am a lawyer. I'm looking for Homer Simpson.
Homer: Are you here because his father died and left him an unexpectedly enormous amount in his will?
Lawyer: No, I'm a lawyer. I never bring good news.
Lawyer: I am from the record label that owns the rights to the “Sungazer” song you've been playing. We demand you pay us any revenue gained.
Homer: Uh, Homer Simpson is on tour in the next town over. I hear he's totally baked. Go get legal on him.

Task: Drop Lawyers in Other Springfields

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 6

Homer starts

Homer: Our shows are doing OK, but it doesn't feel like we've hit critical mass.
Bart: You've been critical mass for a long time, tubs.
Lisa: If you play more shows, you'll get better. And if you get better, you'll attract a bigger audience.
Bart: It sounds like you're saying, “practice makes perfect”. Which we know is evil school propaganda.

Task: Make Performers Jam

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 7

Apu starts

Apu: Merchandise!
Apu: Homerpalooza T-shirts, posters, toilet seat covers! Don't take a poop without sitting on Homer's face! Merch, I say!
Lisa: Do a portion of the sales go toward supporting up-and-coming musicians with great potential?
Apu: Well, it's helping to pay for my kids' violin lessons.
Apu: So, no.

https://tstotopix.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/kwikemerch.png?w=138
Task: Build Kwik-E-Merch
Task: Craft an Item at Kwik-E-Merch

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 8

Apu starts

Apu: Amazing news! I just got a text from my old Sungazer bandmate, Nick Delacourt.
Apu: He needs publicity for his new solo album. Even his ex-wife won't buy it, and she gets half the money.
Homer: Wow. Delacourt is the 95th best rock drummer of all time, according to a meaningless list by Rolling Stone.
Apu: That meaningless list is so ridiculous! Nick Delacourt is worse than Bart? I don't think meaninglessly so!

Task: Make Homer and Apu Argue About Pointless Rankings
Time: 4h
Requires: Apu

Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Unfortunately Pt. 9

Apu starts

Apu: Mr. Delacourt, welcome back to Springfield! Your VIP dressing room is ready.
Nick Delacourt: This “dressing room” is a Kwik-E-Mart restroom. How is this VIP?
Apu: You are the first customer who's ever been allowed to use it.

Task: Make Nick Delacourt Jam on the Rock Stage

System Message: You have completed the Act 1 story! Keep expanding your Festival and tapping Fans, Act 2 starts soon!

Quest rewards: 50 Event Currency and 20 XP

More Rock

Auto starts

Task: Collect Cuffs
https://tstotopix.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/2017-08-07-10-57-20-e15021199466761.png?w=300
Quest reward: 1/2/3 Donuts
  • Oh my! This act is just SO complicated. So many varied things to do involving SO many characters! How will I EVER get it all done?
  • "wadebear;c-1663742" wrote:
    Oh my! This act is just SO complicated. So many varied things to do involving SO many characters! How will I EVER get it all done?

for once they got it easy apparently lol i'll make the other WTs later slowly