Forum Discussion

10 years ago

How to disable the IRS function

Do you know...

- If you put it in inventory does the task go away from the task book?
- If you have upgraded it, will it keep that level when you take it out?

Seems a win/win.

• nice to know it can be disabled, but I like the way it looks. But I HATE and sincerely regret leveling it all the way up. Really like to keep a lot of things tappable for my neighbors.

Absolutely agree we need a way to keep it but turn it off. Or at lease dial it down a few notches.
  • nicolknappen wrote:
    nice to know it can be disabled, but I like the way it looks. But I HATE and sincerely regret leveling it all the way up. Really like to keep a lot of things tappable for my neighbors.

Absolutely agree we need a way to keep it but turn it off. Or at lease dial it down a few notches.

My solution: don't change the way it works, change the way friend tapping works.

Make it so people can click on anything without a handshake. So if you are clearing rent or idle, doesn't matter as long as your town isn't filled with handshakes... win, win.
  • You people are silly. Maybe build some Kwik-Marts for your neighbors to tap. They generate cash quickly.

Have fun tapping everything.

Great addition EA. :mrgreen:
  • I stopped at level 3 once i realized it was clearing the brown houses that i usually leave uncollected for neighbors who happen to visit right after i do a full town collection.

I also realized i wanted the trashy looking version, not the clean and fancy version.

Glad the lazy people got the function they wanted, but it's not how i would have implemented a collect all tool, and its not a convenience for me anyway. Same with the task all tool. I'll never use it.

All of these buildings with levels, need to have selectabilty, like the RadioactiveMan statute!
  • 4junk3000 wrote:
    I stopped at level 3 once i realized it was clearing the brown houses that i usually leave uncollected for neighbors who happen to visit right after i do a full town collection.

I also realized i wanted the trashy looking version, not the clean and fancy version.

Glad the lazy people got the function they wanted, but it's not how i would have implemented a collect all tool, and its not a convenience for me anyway. Same with the task all tool. I'll never use it.

All of these buildings with levels, need to have selectabilty, like the RadioactiveMan statute!

Totally agree!! I have my IRS in the run-down part of town, and I don't want the fancy version.
  • Just so I'm getting this right, neighbors can only tap on stuff that hasn't been cleared? Oh, and the IRS building can be toggled back and forth from fancy to run down.