Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Hugo for donuts

None of the prizes are beyond reach. Im getting fed up of this imaginary persecution people are inflicting upon themselves.
  • adruralo52 wrote:
    thatdonald845 wrote:
    I was getting closer to getting Hugo when I checked out how many donuts it would cost me to get him. It was 26 donuts. Next thing I shot down a UFO and won 30 donuts. I was torn, but gave in. They were donuts I might never have had, right?

I had imagined I would have had to pay around 100 to get him. Good to know the prizes are not all beyond reach.

I keep hearing that people are getting 30 donuts from UFO, I have downed a quite a few, but alas no such luck for me.

I remember seeing someone quoting a 1% chance on finding 30 donuts, so don't be too shocked, you're probably in the majority with that. I haven't had any donuts either (although I have had 2-3 donuts from trick or treat bags)
  • So, just to be clear, the craftable prizes don't change when the currency changes? Hugo will craftable the entire event?
  • nosliwmas58 wrote:
    So, just to be clear, the craftable prizes don't change when the currency changes? Hugo will craftable the entire event?

The answer is a definite "Maybe," though I'm leaning towards "probably."

The currency change should only affect the probes (what you get from tapping aliens) not the candy (what you get from gift bags). The gift bag items are what are used for crafting.

But again, EA hasn't said definitively yet, so no guarantees.
  • Looking at the images in the Ultimate THOH Guide here, it looks like you can craft, say, the Pumpkin House without getting the Grand Pumpkin that produces it - ditto for Spooky House and Hugo. Also the Mutant Peacock has quantities of candy that can be used to craft it if you don't hit your probe target by the time the currency switches over so it will be available until the end of the event even if you started playing after the 20th.

This is speculation based on "speculation". Based on this, I won't be rushing to grab items I'm not really interested in until I have amassed enough candy, etc. to craft things that I really want.

I'm glad I spent those surprise donuts on rushing Hugo. It means I can tone down my imaginary persecution complex, at least for now...

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,402 PostsLatest Activity: 8 hours ago