Forum Discussion

12 years ago

"It's been a while. You should see how your Springfield is doing."

You can switch them off @ settings (in-game)
  • No, you're not supposed to get it that soon. It's meant to show up after a couple of days not playing. I tend to get them quite often because I play across different devices and Homer on the iPad doesn't realise I've been playing on the iPhone for the past few days. :) But even I've been getting them when I shouldn't.

I do find the things Homer actually says in the sound alerts very funny. "Hey! Stop doing things and come play with me!" And then if you wait even longer: "Are you cheating on me with another game?" It's almost worth it to not play for a while. XD
  • Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    I have the notifications switched on all the time and yep, just minutes after closing the app sometimes I'll hear Homer telling me to come play with him.

That "Hey Hey Come play with me" saying cracks me up every time! :lol:

That's the only reason Ive set the notifications on for lol Love it when he starts shouting in the office specially when it nice an quiet http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b453/daspares/Daspares/Emoticon38.gif

I don't think they have updated the notifications yet.
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:

That's the only reason Ive set the notifications on for lol Love it when he starts shouting in the office specially when it nice an quiet http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b453/daspares/Daspares/Emoticon38.gif

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering. It seems to be coming at the same rate as the snake notifications. (I didn't time those. Were they every time a snake was released?) I guess it's nice to know that my town misses me almost immediately, though...?

I've never used the notification sounds. I'd probably find them amusing for a day, then throw my iPad against the wall :twisted:
  • username5641 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering. It seems to be coming at the same rate as the snake notifications. (I didn't time those. Were they every time a snake was released?) I guess it's nice to know that my town misses me almost immediately, though...?

I've never used the notification sounds. I'd probably find them amusing for a day, then throw my iPad against the wall :twisted:

I never took much noticed of the notifications of WD update they just popped up in the screen :) I never get bored of hearing homer shout out things at me :lol: If people ask me what that was im just like oh it a text alert :lol:

Only been caught out once where I said it was a text alert and someone turned round and went "No it not that's Simpsons Tapped out"
    http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b453/daspares/Daspares/Emoticon38.gif –
  • username5641 wrote:
    I didn't have notifications turned on before WD. Was it normal to consistently get this just a few minutes after one closes the app, or is this a bug, possibly related to the snake notifications? The timing seems not quite useful.

I was in a retail shop couple of weeks ago with my iPhone in my pocket, I always use my iPad for the game, though I have the game installed on the iPhone. Homer embarrassingly shouted out very loud from the iPhone 'It's been awhile, you should see how your Springfield is doing.
    About a dozen people were standing next to me in the shop.
  • nutsforbart wrote:
    At least he didn't say come play with me. :-o Now that would have been embarrassing.

Depends on how cute the bystanders were ;)
  • When homer finds a donut from cleaning trash he says "MMMMM....Premium currency" and it is fantastic. Only heard this once lol