Forum Discussion

12 years ago

"Your Springfield" Day 3 - Do YOU like your Springfield? Rate it.

I like it for where I am in the game but I would like to buy all the land now and then completely do it up. Still though, there are some designs I've implemented since early levels and still haven't changed them cause I like how they look. So to answer the question, yes I do like it, but I'll want to adjust and perfect it when I acquire more land.

I'd also like to take one big picture but I think you can only take multiple zoomed in pictures and I'm not sure how to piece it all together.
  • Idk.. There are some parts of my town i think is 10/10, and theres some places i dont like at all, the places i dont like i usually change to something nice, when i do that i usually just think for 2-3 days and then start trying things out.. :)

• I'd give my town a 3/5. It seems pretty nice, but compared to others it isn't that impressive.
  • I like it for what it is, for what I've done with what I have. But I'm missing a lot of key buildings that are needed for the design I have in mind. I'm only up to the church, so I don't have any of the downtown-looking shops (jake's, king toot's, skip's, etc) which are vital to the grand scheme of my design. I also don't have any premium items which kind of discourages me. But, for the few buildings I do have, they all have a rightly place with their own unique decorations. I haven't gone all out on the decorations quite yet because of how big of a pain it is to move tiny things one by one, and since I don't have all the buildings I need, I don't want to go all out until I have them and know I won't have to move them. Plus it's hard for me to tear apart a design in the hopes that I'll do it better the next time. I'd be too pissed off if it turned out sucky. I'm also kind of crazy when it comes to symmetry, meaning all buildings have to be facing correctly, all things must line up evenly, and everything must appear to belong (residential buildings aren't allowed to mingle with businesses). So this really limits me... I love so many other users' designs that aren't symmetrical, but I just can't seem to grasp the concept of asymmetry.
    I do however have a lot of confidence in that when I do get all the necessary buildings, I will LOVE my town. I already have it mapped out in my head, and I always take a screenshot of other people's designs that I'd like to strive toward... Ah, I can't wait.
    EDIT: oops forgot to rate it... I guess 7-8/10 in correlation to my level. Overall rating compared to my favorite towns, 5-6/10, which will change once I get a few more buildings.
  • Thanks for the feedback! Remember, if you have any ideas for future topics, be sure to PM me, and if I don't have it planned, and it sounds good, I'll make it and give you credit!
  • I would rate my own town as a 6 of 10; maybe 7 if I were feeling particularly charitable. I'm fairly happy with about two-thirds of the layout; it conforms in large measure to the design ideas and precepts I laid out for myself when I first started the game. The other third, unfortunately, is just a gawdawful mess that pains me whenever I look at it. The problem is that at some point I started accumulating buildings faster than I was able to purchase the land to support them. In a way it's kind of comical -- I see all of these threads in which the posters are breathlessly anticipating the next content drop, while, in contrast, I'm always hoping for a 2- or 3-week respite that will allow me to catch up. :lol:
  • I think I will go with 8/10. There are some parts of mine that I really love and will probably never change but after having it in its current state for a few weeks now, I am ready to rearrange some things agains. Two weeks ago I would have said 9 but the longer I look at it, and the more I look other towns, the more I want to change. Plus, I have a few ideas in mind for quite some time and just waiting for the funds. The problem is the need for more money and more land and I'm afraid I'll get bored enough one day and just spend real money to do it. Frivolous, yes, but since this travels with me everywhere on my phone, it's become one of more major hobbies. If you like planning out cities, try out the PC/Mac version of The Sims, I spend hours creating buildings and laying out entire cities with that game.
  • I justified paying for donuts because EA has given me hours upon hours upon hours of enjoyment playing the game. Plus I REALLY wanted Duffman. :-)

Yeah, I already have bought some donuts and spent on premium content, lol. I'm not someone that has a problem with the cost of them at all, I just feel silly admitting that I spend real money on games, especially in this case, I should probably put on my big girl pants and be patient. Meh.
  • 8/10
    I love my Springfield, but it is not nearly where I want it to be. In the next couple of months I will be buying a lot of land (well first see what Christmas brings), and then do a complete makeover.