Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Lag issues since new download?

Is anyone else experiencing lag issues since the new download?
My game is now so slow it's practically unplayable, everything.
  • A few players have mentioned they have noticed a slow down in the game but believe that it is linked to the generals quest about sending 5 people on a task, once completed they reported a decrease in lag.
    Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer
    Its covered in this thread
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/275039/red-alert-changes-update-1-18#latest
  • "devilhunt1449;c-2214615" wrote:
    A few players have mentioned they have noticed a slow down in the game but believe that it is linked to the generals quest about sending 5 people on a task, once completed they reported a decrease in lag.

Hope so. I’m on that now. Was so slow I just sent the minimum.
  • Yes thank you, it seems it was the general's task, and once it was complete the game did go back to normal. Although god knows why a simple task would bug up the game.
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "pigsick57;c-2214629" wrote:
    Yes thank you, it seems it was the general's task, and once it was complete the game did go back to normal. Although god knows why a simple task would bug up the game.

Probably because over 400 people go into one spot creating huge amount of lag.
  • My game is so slow since the update that it's become really hard to play. Finding Maggie is impossible and it's hard just to move around. Also each character takes about 5 seconds to load on the monorail task.
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Still lagging for me even with event finish. Maybe its due to the snow.
  • On mine, the HUD is constantly flickering and I'm unable to allocate tasks... Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • "Hurleybird10ps4;c-2215210" wrote:
    On mine, the HUD is constantly flickering and I'm unable to allocate tasks... Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Wonder if you have been hit by the 'Glitch', do you have the IRS building? Has your tap radius decreased?