Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Lessons EA could learn from Tinyco...

I'm sorry, but...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/157/234/99124221did_not_read.gif
  • Why dont you just face up to the reality that TSTO is a crappy game that requires no skill or thought to perform. You are essentially a monkey pressing buttons. I laugh every time someone mentions the "quests" in TSTO, as if you had to actually accomplish something using your brain. There are no "quests" in TSTO no matter what TSTO calls them.

I quit after playing for a while after I came to these realizations. I stop by here every now and again to see if anything has changed but nope, apparently still the same garbage game.

• jvtv83 wrote:
    Why dont you just face up to the reality that TSTO is a crappy game that requires no skill or thought to perform. You are essentially a monkey pressing buttons. I laugh every time someone mentions the "quests" in TSTO, as if you had to actually accomplish something using your brain. There are no "quests" in TSTO no matter what TSTO calls them.

I quit after playing for a while after I came to these realizations. I stop by here every now and again to see if anything has changed but nope, apparently still the same garbage game.

Has anyone ever made the assertion that playing this game took skill?
  • jvtv83 wrote:
    Why dont you just face up to the reality that TSTO is a crappy game that requires no skill or thought to perform. You are essentially a monkey pressing buttons. I laugh every time someone mentions the "quests" in TSTO, as if you had to actually accomplish something using your brain. There are no "quests" in TSTO no matter what TSTO calls them.

Quests is not a limited term for particular games. The game calls them quests, so in order not to confuse players. It is nothing like a quest in WOW or any other game - and it doesn't require thought. But the game designers called them quests - so the players call them quests. It helps other players understand what is being discussed when the same name is used. You don't just make up a new term, then discuss it in great length - then when some new player joins - they won't know what the new term means. It's like color and colour - same word, same meaning - just a little different based on where you are from.
  • fraudelong wrote:
    I love that FG has 20 hour wait times for friends, and I agree with others that the animations are hilarious.

I hate the system they use for unlocking characters though. And the fact that I played often and had about 0% chance of unlocking the Pee Pants skin...in the very first event...without spending money....well, that's troubling. It was almost mathematically impossible. I'd have had to wake up in the middle of the night.

I got Peepants without spending a clam - I also played hourly for most of Thursday, Friday and a little on Saturday. I had the glitch where I could only have one of each clown in my town, so I really wanted it so I put in the time to get it.

I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. I only slept for 6 hours Thursday and Friday night (that's typical for me), so I can see where more time is lost if you sleep 8-10 hours.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    fraudelong wrote:
    I love that FG has 20 hour wait times for friends, and I agree with others that the animations are hilarious.

I hate the system they use for unlocking characters though. And the fact that I played often and had about 0% chance of unlocking the Pee Pants skin...in the very first event...without spending money....well, that's troubling. It was almost mathematically impossible. I'd have had to wake up in the middle of the night.

I got Peepants without spending a clam - I also played hourly for most of Thursday, Friday and a little on Saturday. I had the glitch where I could only have one of each clown in my town, so I really wanted it so I put in the time to get it.

I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. I only slept for 6 hours Thursday and Friday night (that's typical for me), so I can see where more time is lost if you sleep 8-10 hours.

I did too and I don't even play that actively. I had plenty of sleep. :) I don't know if it was a glitch, but I was able to keep tapping clowns into Monday morning PST. My friend who also plays said a building opened up for him on Sunday after getting the skin, but didn't for me Monday. I play FG casually so I haven't looked up what I missed though.
  • maxeerg wrote:
    The main lesson that I would like EA to learn from TinyCo is how to interact with players. The Family Guy game has its own Twitter account. They're on the blogs. I've seen them on the Family Guy subreddit. I've had them respond to me on the blogs and Twitter. I've seen them respond to others. Even if it was only, "We'll look into that."

I've sent emails to EA that got no response. I've tweeted to EA, EA Mobile, and Peter Moore with no response. I've never seen EA respond to anyone unless you count occasional remarks in the game. EA is a dark, foreboding monolith.

EA is literally the worst company for customer support or communication to players.. even when you email support for issues it's almost always a copy and pasted response or no response at all.