Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Maximum item count is now 10,700

https://i.imgur.com/lPHPsNf.png
  • "devilhunt1449;c-1887451" wrote:
    "KrustyBrand;c-1887008" wrote:
    "pepsimax1984;c-1886892" wrote:
    @KrustyBrand I still think down the line if there are a lot of people unhappy at the land token bug then EA will revert back to how it was or make it very easy to get them. I would like the former

Two quick points. First (and I’ll stipulate that this may be purely a matter of semantics), I wouldn’t refer to this game alteration as a bug. At least not right now — If we see a patch in the next week or so reversing this, I’ll happily concede that this might have been a bug, but until that time my working theory is that it’s a feature.

Second, call me a cynic, but I don’t think the situation returns to the status quo regardless of how many users complain or how loudly they do so. I think the best we can hope for would be that tokens somehow become easier to obtain. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Not quite sure about the complaints part as lots complained loudly and now we have a dead and useless Krustyland, but only time will tell what will happen with the land issue, if they are thinking of swapping to land tokens only then unless they create some new way to obtain tokens soon I'd expect to be seeing many many more complaint threads appearing on the forum on a very regular basis.

Whether or not concerted complaints by the user community affect EA depends, I think, on the stakes involved. It costs nothing to EA if they de-emphasize Krustyland per users’ wishes. EA can look at it as a failed experiment. But when users start demanding features that impact either the game’s stability or EA’s profit margin, they are less likely to budge. I expect that at some point we’re going to see the developers provide a mechanism to more readily procure land tokens that they hope will affect our pocketbooks.
  • "devilhunt1449;c-1887605" wrote:
    "KrustyBrand;c-1887594" wrote:
    "devilhunt1449;c-1887451" wrote:
    "KrustyBrand;c-1887008" wrote:
    "pepsimax1984;c-1886892" wrote:
    @KrustyBrand I still think down the line if there are a lot of people unhappy at the land token bug then EA will revert back to how it was or make it very easy to get them. I would like the former

Two quick points. First (and I’ll stipulate that this may be purely a matter of semantics), I wouldn’t refer to this game alteration as a bug. At least not right now — If we see a patch in the next week or so reversing this, I’ll happily concede that this might have been a bug, but until that time my working theory is that it’s a feature.

Second, call me a cynic, but I don’t think the situation returns to the status quo regardless of how many users complain or how loudly they do so. I think the best we can hope for would be that tokens somehow become easier to obtain. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Not quite sure about the complaints part as lots complained loudly and now we have a dead and useless Krustyland, but only time will tell what will happen with the land issue, if they are thinking of swapping to land tokens only then unless they create some new way to obtain tokens soon I'd expect to be seeing many many more complaint threads appearing on the forum on a very regular basis.

Whether or not concerted complaints by the user community affect EA depends, I think, on the stakes involved. It costs nothing to EA if they de-emphasize Krustyland per users’ wishes. EA can look at it as a failed experiment. But when users start demanding features that impact either the game’s stability or EA’s profit margin, they are less likely to budge. I expect that at some point we’re going to see the developers provide a mechanism to more readily procure land tokens that they hope will affect our pocketbooks.

Well the only thing that can affect our pockets is charging real money for land expansion and personally I think that would be the death stroke for the game, they could solve all the complaints with a simple message posted but I know that it'll never happen.

Edit : P.s please note I'm not trying to create an argument about the subject, just an open discussion.

Hey, no worries. I’m not so thin-skinned that I think that anyone who disagrees with me is picking a fight. And as I implied, this is all just speculation at this point. I could easily be wrong.