Forum Discussion

11 years ago

new thought on corn. Possible spoliers. Speculation Thread

if the rumours are true it will likely only speed it up if the crops are vital to the quest.. if they are just add 3 new ones it won't speed it up.

although they may of sped the corn up that one time they could just make you store the farm and re place it to grow the new ones.
  • Yes, V-Day update forced you to harvest your corn is you wanted to progress with the update. The rose bushes were one of the first tasks. As for when the next update comes. If there are added crops at the farm, I think it depends on whether or not the new crops are in the story line.
  • so maybe the need to grow roses to start valentines day quest did it. What if level 39 starts with a quest line for one of the new crops? I'm leaving the corn for awhile just in case. Although level 39 wouldn't be a limited time like valentines day.
  • On a side note, my Valentine's Bush auto-completed when the update was taken away. So I got a bush after 4 hours :-)

Assuming they are adding crops, they would only force the current crop if part of the storyline. If they are just adding them to add them, then we'd have to cancel the corn or wait for it to complete.

With my town, I only sped up 2 kids. So Brandine and a round of corn are racing. Brandine is winning, but planning to use Witch Marge to even the score a little.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    On a side note, my Valentine's Bush auto-completed when the update was taken away. So I got a bush after 4 hours :-)

Assuming they are adding crops, they would only force the current crop if part of the storyline. If they are just adding them to add them, then we'd have to cancel the corn or wait for it to complete.

With my town, I only sped up 2 kids. So Brandine and a round of corn are racing. Brandine is winning, but planning to use Witch Marge to even the score a little.

Ha! I like how you think. I often refer to the kids as she's growing corn. I am not speeding her up. I can wait.
  • If there are three types of new crop, it's not very likely that there would be a quest line as those are quite specific in what is planted. If there's no questline, then it's possible that there won't be a speed up.

Regardless, I have switched back to Silvertoungue and Tomacco because corn isn't stackable any longer. The most I would benefit from sped up corn is $45K and some XP. But with my playstyle, I would earn more by constantly replanting and harvesting the other crops.