Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Newly purchased Frink

I also bought Frink and didn't get any dialogue with his quest. It looked like someone in another thread about this said that he never had a real quest when you bought him. I don't know if that's true or not but I also bought Otto and he came with a full quest with dialogue and everything.
  • The original premium characters (like Frink) never had dialogue. No idea why, but that is how they have always been. It was a request that characters get dialogue and all later and current ones do. But characters like Hank, Frink, Squeaky Voiced Teen, Moleman, Bumble bee man, etc all they get is ! (do this) and ! (do that). Basically a simple walkthrough of their task list.
  • Those are random tasks I still get them from him once in a while to this day
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    The original premium characters (like Frink) never had dialogue. No idea why, but that is how they have always been. It was a request that characters get dialogue and all later and current ones do. But characters like Hank, Frink, Squeaky Voiced Teen, Moleman, Bumble bee man, etc all they get is ! (do this) and ! (do that). Basically a simple walkthrough of their task list.

Well good to know for future reference but disappointing nonetheless...Frink could have had some of the best quest line dialogue!

Thanks for the info.
  • They were firsts to be introduced and so probably since it was the beginning they didnt spend much on doing questlines
  • Jblue8298 wrote:
    yeah, I didn't think of this before I got him

I definitely am glad I did get him, but would be nice to have some kind of dialogue/questline. Couldn't they add something with future updates? They do that for some characters, don't they?

They can easily add it. Moleman did get an update.

Once Moleman is unlocked he has the 'normal (for this time period)' ! do this task and goes through his quest line. Then when the player unlocks Smithers (level 25), there is actually dialogue and an extra storyline for Moleman.

So they could easily patch Frink, SVT, Hank, and the rest to trigger with some unlocked item. For those of us well past that point it would just be an auto trigger.
  • Personally, I often find it to be a chore to get through some of the dialogue. I'll read it, but only because it's there. I prefer the quests that are straight to the point.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    The original premium characters (like Frink) never had dialogue. No idea why, but that is how they have always been. It was a request that characters get dialogue and all later and current ones do. But characters like Hank, Frink, Squeaky Voiced Teen, Moleman, Bumble bee man, etc all they get is ! (do this) and ! (do that). Basically a simple walkthrough of their task list.

Which sucks but at least they fixed their mistake! :mrgreen: