Forum Discussion

5 years ago

No pride event?

Hey neighbourinos,

Long time player here in Australia.
I’ve notice that it doesn’t matter what I do, the game has no PRIDE 2020 event.
I’ve downloaded, deleted, redownloaded, force closed, changed devices, played upside down! And nothing!

I’m not the only one in my household dealing with this although a few have not had the event come live on theirs, there is only one who has the event.

I’m just not sure what to do. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
  • Thanks for that tstonumberonefan.

This isn’t my first rodeo so I have already logged it with EA but they were unaware of any issues. That’s why I posted on here.

I wasn’t sure whether it was a bug/issue or a game discussion so that’s why I posted in two separate category threads.

Hopefully I can see if others have had the same issue.
  • "1EllieG7294;c-2134201" wrote:
    You must be level 15
    Marge must be free
    Try using a VPN to download the update

Thanks EllieG,

I’ve been playing since the beta so I am well nice 15 haha. Marge has been free for weeks. And we don’t have a VPN here in Australia.

The confusing part for me is that I don’t have the update, my friend doesn’t have the update but yet my mum has it? It’s just odd.
  • Hello sorry to hear you’ve got no event. Have you spoken to ea to see if they can help?

On another note please only create on thread on this topic I see you’ve created 2 threads and within a few minutes
    niahunt
    Rising Novice
    Are you on Android or iOS?

I’m also from Australia (I think we may even be neighbours in game!). I had no problem with the update for IOS devices.
  • iOS. I totally think we are neighbours!

I’m just not sure, a few other neighbours have let me know they haven’t got it either.

It’s just bizarre.
  • I can only offer the following General troubleshooting tips:

• Update your device software
    • Check for any Tapped Out update in store
    • Log out/Log back in
    • Restart device
    • Clear cache
    • Free up space (some Apple devices may require 4-5GB free space)
    • Hard close the game and restart
    • Load on another device
    • Try a different wifi/connection/internet/broadband
    • Accept or decline any pending friend requests
    • Change your password
    • If connected to EA/Origin: uninstall / reinstall game (Do NOT do this if you play anonymously)

Synchronise your game often by visiting the friend's screen so your game progress is saved
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/How-to-resolve-crashing-freezing-and-loading-progress-issues/m-p/5716153#M122465
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/
  • You must be level 15
    Marge must be free
  • "gregrose1993;c-2134479" wrote:
    "1EllieG7294;c-2134201" wrote:
    You must be level 15
    Marge must be free

Thanks EllieG,

I’ve been playing since the beta so I am well nice 15 haha. Marge has been free for weeks. And we don’t have a VPN here in Australia.

The confusing part for me is that I don’t have the update, my friend doesn’t have the update but yet my mum has it? It’s just odd.

Sorry to hear that you (& others) have been experiencing issues with the Pride Update. @gregrose1993
    I wonder if this is due to the Device used or to the Player's Account?
    Have you tried logging-in to your account on your Mum's device?
  • Hi another aussie here. I too do not have the update and i only found out about it as they posted it on there fb page. I have tried the possible options to fix but no nothing yet and i cannot talk to EA as i everytime i go to get my mayhem id it closes the game and boots me out