Forum Discussion

12 years ago

no quest triggers

I had a VERY similar issue. What you are missing is side quests. I had issues with buildings. I was actually building the jail when I got the quest for the Guilded Truffle. Next I got missions which led to Skips Diner, so it was still skipping King Toots. Next time you have a quest to build a higher level building, don't finish it. Make sure ALL normal characters are free. If you have no missions for you main characters, have them all do a short task and hopefully when you finish, you should get a prompt.

Guilded Truffle... I think Marge started this one, maybe with cleaning, or reading a magazine task. When Homer goes to the track, you are almost to the Truffle. He goes to the track, then to QuikiMart, then its time to build the Truffle.

Skips Diner (which I unlocked next) related to Comic Book guy. He asks to eat one place, then another, then he has you build the Diner. (Missions called something like "As American as Apple Pie")

King Toots is actually unlocked thru Lisa and Skinner, but I had to do another side quest right before this. It was an eating competition between Homer, Comic Guy, and Cheif Quimby. After the competition, I got a prompt from Skinner about a school talent show. This makes Lisa practice her instrument (3 times). After that, her reed breaks, so she needs you to build Kind Toots.

These buildings and side quests use to appear in a different order, so old walk-thrus are not reliable. I didn't like having to build level 19 building before King Toots (like level 16?) but apparently that is the new order or progression. Me, my girlfriend, and another friend all dealt with this exact same issue and we all 3 finally started building King Toots last night.