Forum Discussion

rockyb2006
Seasoned Newcomer
9 years ago

Old versus new cacti:

I've got several of the old cacti patches and have bought a couple of the new ones and the only difference between them as far as I'm aware is that the new ones can go on the dirt ground where the old ones can't, I even think that the cacti layout is identical between the 2 versions.
    rockyb2006
    Seasoned Newcomer
    devilhunt1449 wrote:
    I've got several of the old cacti patches and have bought a couple of the new ones and the only difference between them as far as I'm aware is that the new ones can go on the dirt ground where the old ones can't, I even think that the cacti layout is identical between the 2 versions.

Thanks for the info!
  • its color and transparency. The new ones are pretty great - but I only got a few because I have a ton of old ones.
  • too bad the colors are off. i had to place the two different patches in separate places.
  • drprimo wrote:
    They are actually a little different, but what annoys me is that the color of the ground on the old one is a different color than the new ground cover. Maybe that will get fixed sometime down the road.

http://s32.postimg.org/t9ee9ktmt/image.png

Edit: apparently it didn't like my first image link

Is that how they look side by side? They don't seam together?
  • They could have just made the sand transparent on the old one when placed on the dirt, but they made an ugly mess of both and charged donuts for it.
  • I've been trying to hide the dirt grass strip by placing the event boulders next to it or between the dirt and "old" desert squares. Some spots work out more successfully than others.