Forum Discussion

rockyb2006
New Spectator
9 years ago

Pin Pals event?

I agree. I suggested this a long time ago.

Would be a great time to get Jacques, Maude Flanders (alive version), Rabbi Krustofsky & The Parson as playable characters

Pin Pals vs. Holy Rollers vs. Home Wreckers

Characters
--------------
Jacques with Fiesta Terraces Apartments
Rabbi Krustofsky. With Temple Beth Springfield
Maude Flanders with The Leftorium
The Parson
  • LagginPotato64 wrote:
    That would be a really good event. They could also give us some of the other bowling teams, as well as Jacques (Marge's bowling coach.) I do think if they had a whole event just based on bowling it would be a little barebones, so they could mix it and also base it on Homer at the Bat. It would be hard, but they could try to give us all the players on the softball team. I want Ken Griffey Jr!

As much as I would want Daryl Strawberry & Wade Boggs, all those players would be off limits since they are considered "Celebreties". We won't get any real life characters in the game. The most we would get is....

Characters
    -------------
    Aristotle Amadopolis with Shelbyville Plant

Buildings
    -----------
    Baseball Field
    Springfield Mystery Spot

Decorations
    ---------------
    Wonder Bat

Skins
    ------
    Baseball Homer
    Baseball Carl
    Baseball Lenny
  • The only thing that really kills the idea of a Pin Pals event is that Barney's Bowlarama -- essentially the only bowling alley seen in Springfield -- is a premium item, and has been since 2013. So either it becomes non-premium, which ticks off everyone (including me) who spent 250 donuts to get it, or everyone has their bowling quests in a brown house if they don't have it.
  • I figure what would be a neat idea was if everyone who already hadn't purchased the Bowlarama would get it temporarily at the start of the event (but without Barney). To use for the event & the quests.

However, once the event was over, they would be given the option to purchase the Bowlarama at a discounted rate. And thus unlocking Barney with it. Those that don't purchase it, would lose it once the option was presented.
  • skollthewolf wrote:
    The only thing that really kills the idea of a Pin Pals event is that Barney's Bowlarama -- essentially the only bowling alley seen in Springfield -- is a premium item, and has been since 2013. So either it becomes non-premium, which ticks off everyone (including me) who spent 250 donuts to get it, or everyone has their bowling quests in a brown house if they don't have it.

I wouldn't care, it's been two years since I bought him and there are times where deals work in your favour when others don't get the opportunity, I wouldn't be bitter at all.
  • skollthewolf wrote:
    The only thing that really kills the idea of a Pin Pals event is that Barney's Bowlarama -- essentially the only bowling alley seen in Springfield -- is a premium item, and has been since 2013. So either it becomes non-premium, which ticks off everyone (including me) who spent 250 donuts to get it, or everyone has their bowling quests in a brown house if they don't have it.

I agree, but that has always bothered me that the new players have to pay donuts for it. It should have been for in-game cash for everyone ( who didn't play during the event when you could get it ). They should just change it to in-game cash. Haven't they done something like this already? Makes something you had to pay donuts for before for in-game cash or for free? Or I have been dreaming :lol:
  • I forget, didn't us old timers get it for free xmas 2012 or am I remembering wrong?
  • johncolombo wrote:
    I forget, didn't us old timers get it for free xmas 2012 or am I remembering wrong?

No, you're right John. It was one of the prizes for Santa Coins during the 2012 Holiday event
  • They could re-release Alley McBalls from the Tap Ball event
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/8/83/Alley_mcballs_tapped_out.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/340/height/340?cb=20150807194114
  • skollthewolf wrote:

That is an excellent observation! I think what they did with the bowling alley was a little unfair. It was free during the first Christmas event and luckily I managed to snag it, but considering the game wasn't that big yet it was a huge disservice for many of the newer players. If they wanted to charge real money for its they would've charged 100 donuts for it.

Regardless of that, they did add another bowling alley to the game. I forgot what it's called, but they can just use that instead, and those who have Barneys can get premium payouts in the event currency. Simple fix where everyone gets what they want.
  • johncolombo wrote:
    I forget, didn't us old timers get it for free xmas 2012 or am I remembering wrong?

You're right. Which is why charging 250 donuts for it later was so damn insane. I remember it upset many players when they did that. It's a shame they made that decision because Barney is a must in all springfields.