Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Premium Myster Box

I was just wondering. It says it is a 5% chance for a premium item yet I got a premium item 3/4 times I got a mystery box. Lard Lad, Kearney, and Tire Fire. I am not complaining by any means but I wonder if it is a better chance than 5 percent to get premium items.
  • I have no idea how they came up with those figures, it seems like ‘pluck a number out of thin air’ school of maths. There are a limited number of items that you can get from the mystery box, some being unique.
    UNIQUE: 3 characters, Blue Haired Lawyer, Kearney, Squeaky Voice Teen. Tire Fire, Lemon Tree.
    REPEATABLE ITEMS News van (2% bonus), I&S board (1% bonus), 30D, 10D, Lard Lad Donuts, Chalmers' ONDA, bomb shelter, Minnow pond, Khlav Khlash stand.
    One forum member noted down every single box that was opened, the results are in the following chart:

From page 24 of the ‘what is your multiplier’ thread, posted September 5th 2017:
    "girl22721;c-1711342" wrote:

Okay, here's my chart based on purchasing and tracking the results from many thousands of mystery boxes... there are 8 different patterns of prizes (I've assigned them letters A to H) which follow a fixed order to make two sequences (blue and red) as listed below the chart. The game repeats each sequence 8 times then alternates to the other sequence (the switchover between them actually happens mid-sequence, so please be prepared for a minor change during each 8th iteration)! Enjoy!

https://i.imgur.com/oPPaclO.jpg

• in the game files its actually random it's so weird. re. the in-game odds displayed they are placed there just for the laws. not real at all lol
  • They have to put them in there so is not seen as gambling even though it clearly is >)
  • after you get the lemon tree and the characters it's only worth it for the donuts. Fun fact for newer players and this was before my time as well. You used to be able to steal another players lemon tree. Not quite sure how that worked but I would have liked to have seen it in action. Some of the older players said they used to hide their lemon tree so it wouldn't get stolen.
  • Just because you can't figure out the pattern doesn't make something random. If it follows a pattern it isn't officially gambling, even though there's no way to get the superior and useful items without opening more boxes.

I think a lot of the 'random' events in this game are patterned, but it's all weighted in favour of EA from the start, even when it doesn't need to be. I don't know about you, but I don't need 40 Chalmers' _ondas. Heck, I don't need 2.

But if it looks like gambling, tastes like gambling, smells like gambling and sounds like gambling, face it; it's gambling.